PDA

View Full Version : 4th ed. Modules Converted to 3.5

InvestFDC
06-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Has

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Nice, I wrote a paragraph and questions and none of it showed in the post. :mad:
Naturally, I don't know exactly what I wrote but now I have to try to get the essence written out again.:mad:
It was something about if anyone has converted 4th ed. adventures to 3.5 yet, which I assume must have happened by now. :confused: How did it go and are the 4th ed. modules any good?

wizarddog
07-01-2010, 12:37 AM
The answer would be no, and from my point of view, the Wizard modules are pretty stinky, so I didn't bother. I find their is plenty of good 3.x material to use for my game, especially from Pazio. I bet if you find some 4e Pazio material, you would find a descent mod to convert.

On the otherhand, I found converting 1e and 2e modules to 4th to be pretty fun.

yukonhorror
07-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah, it seems easier to convert older stuff to 4e than in reverse. Mainly, the mentality behind combat is different, so coming up with a suitable challenge (not too hard or too easy) is tricky.

My suggestion is to read through the adventure, keep the story, adjust DC's as necessary, and get a "sense" of each encounter. What is that encounter trying to accomplish? Some common categories are numbers (i.e. LOTS of badguys), status effects galore, big boss battles, on par run of the mill, spellcasters, etc...

Also, there is just use similar monster types. If there is are lizardfolk, but lizardfolk in 3.5e aren't high enough level, use troglodytes instead. (I don't know if that is a good switch or not, just pulling an example out of my bum).