PDA

View Full Version : Talmek

Talmek
03-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Here I am:

My name (for the sake of these forums) is Talmek. After getting hooked on D&D in the Army, I've returned home and found that no one here plays it...
As a matter of fact, I live in an area that still believes "D&D is for <insert satanic animal-sacrificing while listening to Ozzy Osborne backwards sub-culture here> and should be avoided at all costs. So now, I am on the hunt for a group in southeast Texas...

Other than that, 26 y/o male divorced 2 children and glad to never go back to Iraq again.

Moritz
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey T

Used to live down in that region; I know exactly where you're coming from on the satanic remark. But I may have some information for ya as far as players.

My best suggestion is to go to the comic store... I think there's still one between calder and phelan just west of 96/10. Or it may have moved to a shopping center on the corner of phelan and dowlen. (it's been over 15 years since i've been there)

Also, there's an AMTGARD group that plays in Claiborne Park. http://www.wldarkmoor.com/

There's a large subculture of players out that way; Beaumont also has a very dark underbelly of voodoo and other very interesting mysticism. Once you get past the fanatical xtains, it really turns into a nice melting pot of strange.

Good Luck
-Moritz