PDA

View Full Version : Oakland, CA Renaissance-Punk Pathfinder Game

bernie1970
06-24-2010, 03:03 AM
New Pathfinder campaign looking for mature, motivated players interested in a highly collaborative, Renaissance-punk setting. We will be using the standard Pathfinder rules system with a home-brew setting of quasi-Elizabethan political intrigue and horror. The setting uses character races that are different from the standard Pathfinder/D&D options (e.g., humans, planetouched nobles, subterranean trogs, bird-like carrion-eaters).

We are looking for folks who prefer a 51% roleplaying / 49% combat balance (read: there's fighting, but please enjoy and not simply tolerate roleplaying) and who can make a regular 4-6 hour gaming commitment every other Sunday starting around 2 PM. You don't need to be a Pathfinder or D&D veteran, but please be ready to read and learn the rules.

A plus is someone who doesn't mind investing time developing their character and his/her context (history, NPCs, culture, neighborhood, favorite recipes, etc.) outside of the game. Also prefer players who are gay/trans-friendly (we're not super-PC, but these things do matter).

Currently we have one GM and one player. We will be ready to begin as soon as we have at least 2 more people (with a goal of no more than 4 or 5 players and one GM).

feanor00
06-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I would love to join you guys, I have a little bit of a hectic schedule until the end of August, so Sundays will not work out at the moment, but starting in Sept. I will be on a more normal schedule and sundays will work out fine. I am in Santa Cruz for the summer but in Sept. I will be back home and I live right around the corner, in the Temescal area. There is a gameshop available for us to play in, "It's your Move" on telegraph if you are looking for a place to host.

Let me know when you get everyone organized, if you are interested in adding me later on or if it takes awhile to organize it anyway, I prolly won't miss out on much. I am very experienced in D&D, particularly 3.5 and have just started getting into Pathfinder, which isn't a whole lot different, so I would be ready to start playing ASAP :)

Love the balance of combat to role-playing, I do enjoy role-playing, just not when it takes the entire session, nor vice versa when all we do is hack and slash for 6 hours :)

Look forward to hearing from you guys, CHeers!

Adam

trueamerican
06-26-2010, 01:37 AM
My gf and I live in Oakland and we have a place here in Oakland that is at our apartment complex that we can use for gaming. I am ok with handling gay not so much with transgender though just throwing that out there. Never played pathfinder before but I have played D&D several times. I am 24 almost 25 and my gf is 30. We hope to hear from you soon.

JibberFisch
07-10-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm looking to start a similar campaign of Pathfinder- a magic-punk style game. I realize that as a GM, perhaps I shouldn't be on your thread hassling you about it, but if you're interested in both playing in my game in San Francisco, let's talk it over. We're currently 2 players short of a 4 person group.

seanpp
03-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Realize this is an old thread but I'm starting a Dark Heresy campaign nearby (Inner Richmond of San Francisco), am looking for more players & was wondering if any of you fine folks were interested.

Please check out our campaign website and drop me a line if you're interested:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/emperor-preserve

Sean
spphelan@alumni.pepperdine.edu