INT 12
CHA 13
i am using two longswords because i love the idea
Feats
weapon focus longsword
two weapon fighting
two weapon defence.
Havent taken the last feat yet
Anywhere i see i find articles mentioning that two weapons isnt as good as having two handed weapons:mad:
but from the start i imagined my girl weilding two swords...Any reccomendations how i should continue.THX A LOT...We play without multi-class we can only take prestige classes

d-_-b
06-23-2010, 05:54 PM
1) You need to use a light weapon in your off hand to make the most of Two Weapon fighting. Use a Long Sword in your main hand and a Short Sword in your off hand. Alternatively you should go with two Rapiers and choose the Weapon Finesse feat. It is still cool either way:)
2) I'd move the 16 to the strength score for that extra +1 to the attack and damage bonuses if you go with Long + Short Swords. If you go with the rapier I'd kep it as is.
3) Consider multiclassing to Swashbuckler from Complete Warrior on your next level and stay there (in which case you'll get the Weapon Finesse for free). If you absolutely do not multiclass consider going pure Swashbuckler.
4) Two weapons is cooler than a two handed weapon but damage wise the latter is superior. That said the game is also about you having fun and you idea will be effective enough. In the long run you will have to go for critical hits to get your damage up but you will be fine.

cplmac
06-24-2010, 08:07 AM
If you are looking for 2 weapon fighter, have you thought about having a ranger instead of a fighter. If wearing light armor, you get to fight with two weapons without needing to take the feats: Ambidexterity or Two-weapon Fighting. Although it would be awhile, when you get to the point where you have a base attack bonus of +9 (I believe), you can take the Improved Two-weapon Fighting feat even if you don't have all the prerequisites for it.

lolita16
06-24-2010, 04:02 PM
first of all thanx for your answers and i am happy to join this forum.as far as it conserns the ranger i dont like the concept of being so close to the wood.( i am a city-girl lol).for the Swashbuckler i am the only melee player in my party although we have 2 clerics but they are not so good so i thin that at least i should have a fare AC that light armor doesnt provide in early lvls.I saw the tempest prestige class..it is worth it?sorry for bad english(i am from greece)

d-_-b
06-24-2010, 05:55 PM
IMO the Tempest is a fair choice for a two weapon fighting prestige class. An alternative could be the Dervish.

cplmac
06-25-2010, 08:25 AM
As I am not up on the prestige classes, I will let d-_-b steer you through them.

Yes, the need to be wearing light armor is a set back to the ranger. You can still have heavier armor, but now it would mean that you have to take feats to allow some of the abilities and would still either lessen or negate other abilities.

Know what you are saying about the cleric. We have a cleric and a druid in our party. Sometimes they are extremely effective fighters in combat and other times not. Just depends on how the dice are behaving that particular night.

Greece, you say. I think that is where baklava (spelling ?) is from. Good stuff.

lolita16
06-25-2010, 10:57 AM
ahahahahahahahaha yes you are right about baclava!!!!lol,i don like the dervish because the preqs. need perform and are a waste of skills although the dervish reminds me of kitana (mortal combat)

wizarddog
06-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Currently, as you designed, your character take s a -4 to hit with both the primary and offhand attacks, which is why it was recommended for light-weapons, weapon finesse, etc. If your DM allows, you can take Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting, from Complete Adventurer, which will allow you to wield the one handed weapon in you off hand making your penalties -2 instead of -4.
Taking a-4 on every time you want to strike with both weapons will make it so you almost never hit in combat; You will get frustrated pretty quick. If you have to start striking with the one weapon to compensate, then you might as well carry a shield or use a weapon 2 handed. With light weapons and weapon finesse, you will strike more often. In addition, 2 weapon builds favor classes that do extra damage through circumstance (Rogues (sneak attack), Rangers (Favored enemy), Swashbucklers (at 3rd Insightful strike), Ninja (Sudden Strike)---not so much scouts.

The ranger does not have to be centered around the woods, you can design it to be more urban either through the books or taking variants, depending on your DM. However, the ranger is what it is, a light armored warrior, and that may not be what you envisioned for the character. But since you are investing in dexterity, then opting for heavy armor will cancel out any bonus you get for the dexterity and you will be wearing medium armor to gain full benefit of the Dex modifier.

Lord.Sorasen
06-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Wait why not so much scouts?

lolita16
06-28-2010, 03:22 PM
After a 5-hours to solve puzzle we took much experience and we reached lvl 4...how do you think i should continue?i thought of an idea using as an off hand a spiked shield with bashing and taking the improved bash...what do you think?

cplmac
06-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Oh yeah, nothing like a good shield bash. Can come in handy if by chance you manage to be unfortunate enough to have a weapon break.

d-_-b
06-29-2010, 03:30 AM
I have a Dwarf in my group with imp. shield bash, shield specialization and agile shield fighter. If not as elegant it is at least as effective as if he had sported two weapons with the added benefit of him getting a shield bonus of +3 t his AC. Also if you forgo the spike you have a bludgeoning attack which adds some versatility and is handy when fighting some types of creatures that are resistant to slashing or piercing attacks.

If you go out at get yourself a +1 shield of bashing you will be set: as well as being a +1 shield it also functions like a +1 weapon that does damage as if it was two size categories larger:P

lolita16
06-29-2010, 02:53 PM
then which feats i should take to have a good basher?

wizarddog
06-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Wait why not so much scouts?

Scouts gain their skirmish only when they move at least 10 feet. Scouts works best moving about the battlefield, not standing in one strategic position. Since it takes a full attack to use two weapons, you would never get the opportunity to utilize the skirmish with a two weapon build unless some circumstance allows you to move and use both weapons (i.e having the ability to do a 10 foot step instead of a 5 foot step, a pounce like ability, etc). which would require a higher level (2 weapon Leap attack) or powers outside of the core and common splats (The unbalanced pounce ability for the Totem Barbarian comes to mind...).

A shield smash is a better build for a fighter and the PHB 2 has a lot of great feats for that.

d-_-b
06-30-2010, 08:55 AM
then which feats i should take to have a good basher?

imp. shield bash, shield specialization and agile shield fighter

lolita16
07-01-2010, 01:31 PM
nah i will stick to the longswords...lol yesterday that we played i took my character behind a tree cause he needed toilet and he found 8000 gold(dm said that i was the first to tell him to go to toilet so i took a big reward)....what i should buy now???i have tha basic equipment of a fighter and two longswords...note that i took oversized two weapon fighting...and dodge

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

sorry for bad english

cplmac
07-01-2010, 04:10 PM
If it would make a difference, you could always look into obtaining some better armor.