PDA

View Full Version : Monster Manual 3

Grandore The Giant Killer
06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Whats up guys. I just bought MM3 the moment it came out. I figured I'd share my thoughts on the book.

The first thing I noticed when going through the book was the fact that in the past 2 monster manuals they had what I like to call 1 "Big Stinky"... MM1 had Orcus, MM2 had Demogorgan... You know what I mean. Well this book has 4! That's right count them! 4! That alone I think makes this book worth buying. It gives DMs plenty of options to give players hell. Lolth has 2 forms. Her Drow form and then her spider transformation form. She is someone I would not want to run into. Oh and one of the new big baddies is a planet. That's right a planet! Right when I thought I seen everything I saw that. It is a unique creature where DMs can utilize him in a variety of ways.

But aside from the major bad guys we have the regular content. The lore and paragraphs on the creatures were well written and it gives DMs a good idea as to how to use them. The one thing I noticed is that this book is a book that seems to revolve around exotics. I mean like creatures you'd find in the jungle or a swamp. Like the Moss warriors and Frogs in this book give good Swamp setting options.

Personally I think this is a good addition to any DM's collection.

Blydden
06-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Are there any abyssal genasi in MM3?

They are like one of my favorite races ever!...and would make perfect adversaries...

Clerical_Errer
06-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Haven't picked up MM3 yet...really need to I was just wondering if there are more Far realm baddies in there. I love the whole impending doom feeling they bring to the game...a bad guy even the bad guys are afraid of heh. Thanks for any info

Grandore The Giant Killer
07-01-2010, 03:53 AM
Well They have 2 Primordial Elementals that are bad guys... Ogremoch and Imix... These 2 have a cult behind them. Oh and one of the bad guys is a PLANET. Yeah you read right a planet. The image in the book looks like a moon with eyeballs on it. I forget his name but he is a unique creature that DMs can utilize in a number of ways.

yukonhorror
07-01-2010, 07:45 AM
they have imix? Awesome. What level??