PDA

View Full Version : Group forming in OC

JMobius
06-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Greetings,

I just moved into a new townhome in south Irvine, and I'm looking to host some gaming!

I would actually like to form two separate groups, one for dramatic, storytelling heavy play, and another for D&D-or similar tactical games. Both players and GMs who are keen on either type of gameplay, please contact me. Those who are willing to GM will be given special preference, however, as I've only got room for six!

For the first group, which I would like to run weekly during the weekend, I would like to play systems that lends itself to high-story and character focused gameplay, and preferably with powergaming and combat kept to a bare minimum. I have experience with the World of Darkness, Eclipse Phase, Nobilis, Unknown Armies, and others. I would also like to try out Exalted. If you're interested and have a preference for Saturday or Sunday, please let me know.

For the tactical group, I would like to arrange a weekly game on a weeknight. We should play a system that is fun and crunchy, like D&D 4E, though if you have recommendations do mention them. Please state your preference for the day in your response.

Those interested, PM me on-site or e-mail at sean dot mattox at gmail dot com. Hope to be gaming with you soon!

mitchholmstrom
06-22-2010, 03:34 AM
I would be very interested in the 4E campaign. I also have another.

Narniacat
06-22-2010, 11:42 AM
My boyfriend and I are looking for a group that plays on the weekend or on like a thursday/friday night. He has experience but I am a newbie. I can bring brownies...

Suleymann
06-22-2010, 12:16 PM
My wife and I are looking for just this sort of storytelling game. We've been playing 4E since launch, and are looking for something a bit different.
We are only available on Saturdays, however.

Isawaphoenix
06-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I am interested in joining a D+D group. I have a ton of experience playing (I am 40) and I have experience as a game master as well. I actually have a LONNNNG term campaign that is very interesting and has a ton of opportunity for role-play/player interaction. I can run and play 4th edition but I much prefer 3.5 or pathfinder.
I can play other games as well but I am very picky about what makes a game system "superior" to D+D. I think for the most part D+D broke the mold for getting things right :)

send me a message if you have any questions about me or my experience/play style I will pass on my phone # and we can discuss.

I live in San Clemente BTW.

wdejohn66
06-22-2010, 07:01 PM
i'd be interested in the weekday game. Tuesdays mid day or evenings are best for me. I'd be interested in DMing DnD 3.5/Pathfinder/4e.

JMobius
06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I would be very interested in the 4E campaign. I also have another.

Interested as a player or GM? Any preference as to day?

My boyfriend and I are looking for a group that plays on the weekend or on like a thursday/friday night. He has experience but I am a newbie. I can bring brownies...

Brownies sound good. :biggrin:

Any more information you can provide? What sort of games are you interested in playing?

My wife and I are looking for just this sort of storytelling game. We've been playing 4E since launch, and are looking for something a bit different.
We are only available on Saturdays, however.

I believe we've actually corresponded once before; I was trying to set up a group and things weren't working out as I'd hoped. Apologies for that, this time it should work better. :)

Saturday works for me, I have a slight preference for it personally. What else can you tell me about you and your wife's preferences in gaming?

I am interested in joining a D+D group. I have a ton of experience playing (I am 40) and I have experience as a game master as well. I actually have a LONNNNG term campaign that is very interesting and has a ton of opportunity for role-play/player interaction. I can run and play 4th edition but I much prefer 3.5 or pathfinder.
I can play other games as well but I am very picky about what makes a game system "superior" to D+D. I think for the most part D+D broke the mold for getting things right :)

Well, there are an awful lot of different games out there, and I find each of them plays well to different strengths. D&D certainly lends itself well to some styles of Tolkein-esque fantasy, but I'd surely go mad if I had to use it for everything. ;)

I'm sorry to say, but when it comes to D&D I am not really interested in 3.5 or Pathfinder. After some years of experience with it and its many d20 incarnations, I'm not really a fan of the system, and the synopsis of the changes for Pathfinder didn't really inspire me either. If you're still interested in being involved with 4E, or have some other tactics-focused game to recommend, I'd be happy to hear it though!

i'd be interested in the weekday game. Tuesdays mid day or evenings are best for me. I'd be interested in DMing DnD 3.5/Pathfinder/4e.

Excellent. Can you provide a particular range of hours you'd be available?

JMobius
09-08-2010, 04:18 PM
In case anyone else out there is interested, we've still got one slot open for the roleplaying focused Saturday group. We've been playing Vampire: The Requiem for the last few weeks and its been good fun. PM me if you're interested. :)

mitchholmstrom
09-09-2010, 03:52 AM
[QUOTE=JMobius;143665]Interested as a player or GM? Any preference as to day?

I'm looking for a player for my Dark Sun campaign i'm running