PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Start A New D&D4e Group in Central Queens (NYC), NY

straley
06-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey,

I'm looking to starting a group in Central Queens near Forest Hills (about 20-35 minutes from Manhattan). I'm trying to gear this at newer players or those willing to share the initial excitement of newer players, since I find groups of newer players tend to be more invested in the story and powergame less. It'll probably be D&D4e, if we can find enough people. Weekends work the best, but other times might work too.

Cheers,
Scott

Wereleopard
06-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Oooh!! Count me in! I live in Rego Park. I've never played 4e although I've done a couple campaigns in 3.5, and I'm all about story :) I can do weekends however I travel a lot to conventions (my primary nerd flavor is costuming) so weekday evenings that aren't Thursdays, around 6, would work best for me.

Global Wombat
06-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey Scott! Count me in. I'm actually utterly new to roleplaying but I'm aware of some of the conventions as expressed through others, and am a fairly quick learner. I live up by Auburndale, so I'm not too far away. I can do weekday evenings and perhaps the weekend afternoons, and evenings if the consensus leans towards that. -Jason

straley
06-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi Jason & Wereleopard,

I'll send you a PM with more contact info.

~ Scott

thomaswhodoubts
06-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Could I trouble you to change the title of the thread, on behalf of those of us who live in Central... but not Queens?

And enjoy the game - I wish I could get this many replies in so short a time!

agirardi24
06-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi Scott, names Anthony, I live in Astoria, played a lot of 3.5 and looking for a 4e game. Weekends are the best for me, wondering if it's at a store or somewhere else, and wether character creation is dice roll or point buy. Let me know what's up.

straley
06-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Could I trouble you to change the title of the thread, on behalf of those of us who live in Central... but not Queens?

And enjoy the game - I wish I could get this many replies in so short a time!

Thomas,

I'm not sure if I can change the name of the thread. And, well, Central Queens is a real place. If I just said Queens, it would not be as specific. Queens is 109 square miles with 2.2 million people. :)

~ Scott

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Hi Scott, names Anthony, I live in Astoria, played a lot of 3.5 and looking for a 4e game. Weekends are the best for me, wondering if it's at a store or somewhere else, and wether character creation is dice roll or point buy. Let me know what's up.

Hey,

Weekends seem to be best all around -- since most people have long commutes. We're still not sure of the venue. It could be a home. A cafe (if I can find someone nice enough to let us in and buy their food and beverages). Or, if we get enough people, maybe reserve a room from a library.

I'm also open to whichever method of character creation you'd want. I'm more in favor of the "point buy" system (aka, the GURPS way), since it makes more balanced characters. But, the sheer mad fun of rolling a die to determine one's fate is embedded deed in D&D tradition. :) I actually like characters that are difficult to play, because it makes players more creative, and encourage roll-playing.

~ Scott

BillS
06-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi,

I've never played 4.0, but I'm definitely up for it, if there's still room. Most evenings except for Mondays are good for me -- the latest I work is 6 -- but my only consistently free day is Sunday.

It's been a few years since I've been just a player, and I'm really looking forward to that.

--Bill

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Hi,

I've never played 4.0, but I'm definitely up for it, if there's still room. Most evenings except for Mondays are good for me -- the latest I work is 6 -- but my only consistently free day is Sunday.

It's been a few years since I've been just a player, and I'm really looking forward to that.

--Bill

Oh, forgot to mention: I live in Woodhaven,

--Bill

agirardi24
07-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Any news guys?

Canucknomad
12-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Still looking for players? I am in Bayside and old hat with D&D and looking for a 4E group

BlckMog
05-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Count me in, I didn't think I would find a camaign so close to me. Im in Jamaica, Queens. I haven't played 4E yet and I'm gonna see what I can do on the weekends.

d&dvet
06-09-2011, 10:34 PM
My cousin and I are looking for a new group. Please send me some info. Friday evening would be great for us.