PDA

View Full Version : What would you give up

moonwalker
06-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Would you give up your car or give up your computer or your cell phone for a month? Which did you choose, and why?

Sneaksta
06-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Cell phone. It is usefull, but makes me far too available. If you need me, come find me, I always curse when someone calls me anyway.

moonwalker
06-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Cell phone. It is usefull, but makes me far too available. If you need me, come find me, I always curse when someone calls me anyway.

I would give up my cell phone too.

Sascha
06-05-2010, 11:26 AM
If I drove, I'd say car first; this city's quite friendly to non-drivers.

Since I don't, it's cell phone. I pretty much use it for telling time, anyway.

thomaswhodoubts
06-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I was going to say cell phone, but since Sasha declined to give up her non-existent car, I can't in good faith give up my non-existent cell phone. I would definitely give up the car before the computer. I've been vacationing in Paris for a month without a car, but here it's no big deal - having a car would be a problem. But where I live is in the middle of nowhere, although I could deal as I live a five minute walk from work and passable groceries. But public transportation around home involves a thumb.

Law
06-06-2010, 07:51 AM
I would give up my car, but it just isn't possible. We live in the middle of nowhere. It is a 15 minute drive to get to anywhere, so that's just not possible. I really do like my cell phone, but I could do without it for a month without any real hiccups in my life.

Computer = fun
Car = necessary
Phone = the best choice

mrken
06-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Can't really live without the car, truck or van. On a normal day I spend as little as two hours a day in the darn thing. Work, groceries, shopping, school, friends, kids friends, girlfriends, wife, I am the taxi for the most part. I have even spent six hours driving at times. Can't imagine trying to do all I have to do on a bus.

The computer, maybe a good idea if I gave it up a month. Oh wait, I did give it up three weeks when it got sick and had to go to the computer hospital for a new heart drive. Sucked going without it. Don't want to do it again, though I did get a whole lot more work done. :)

Now the phone. Back in the old days I used to unplug the phone for days. My friends would come over and plug it in without me knowing it, or drive by to tell me to plug in my phone. lol I really don't have much appreciation for phones, except when I need them. It's like paying to be at someones beck and call. I only want it when I want it. Cell phones have taken that slavery to a whole new level. And now I have to pay for a land line, high speed dsl, and five cells, with unlimited long distance and texting. Ugh! Give me a break, take my cell!!!

thomaswhodoubts
06-06-2010, 10:31 AM
I really don't have much appreciation for phones, except when I need them. It's like paying to be at someones beck and call. I only want it when I want it. Cell phones have taken that slavery to a whole new level.
:clap2:

Well said. On work at a college and I don't know how many times I've seen a dozen couples walking around, ignoring each other completely to look at their texts. I guess a good cell plan costs as much as good birth control, so what the hell, right?

Blydden
06-12-2010, 08:27 AM
I'd say car. Because I don't own one. :)

I win.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I'd let the cell phone go for a month. People know they can contact me by email.

templeorder
06-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Phone. I hate being tied to it.... it means i can take internet with me and i need time away. Yea, sure i could still use my computer, but it makes me far less likely to. In fact, i down-graded my phone when i upgraded last time... next time i will probably just go all out again (droid) or get nothing more than a regular phone with no data plan at all.