PDA

View Full Version : Living Traveller

BBPlainwell
05-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Anyone else planning on playing in the Mongoose Publishing Living Traveller Meta-Campaign? The campaign guide should be out in a couple of weeks and there will be events offered at GenCon most likely.

trechriron
06-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I am looking into it. I actually like Mongoose's version of Traveller (just picked up the PDF and been looking through it). I am looking for more details. Any links, blogs, or tid bits you can share?

DeadMike
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=99
Should be everything you need there. If not, just ask them. :-)

donm61873
07-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Ouch... I'm one of them...

I'm the Story Coordinator for the "MLTC"... but if you have questions about the campaign rules, please ask them on Mongoose's forum...

I'm quietly eager to hear opinions about the first three adventures. Nervously waiting for opinions...

:D

Fersboo
07-20-2010, 03:11 PM
I've picked it up and am currently trying to scare up a group in the Annapolis/Baltimore area. 1 week in and no luck yet.

DeadMike
07-21-2010, 01:18 PM
I've picked it up and am currently trying to scare up a group in the Annapolis/Baltimore area. 1 week in and no luck yet.

If you are looking to GM a group, you would have no problem getting a group together on-line.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-21-2010, 02:18 PM
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=99
Should be everything you need there. If not, just ask them. :-)

Nice! Can't wait to look through it all.

Fersboo
07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
If you are looking to GM a group, you would have no problem getting a group together on-line.

I just recently picked up Fantasy Grounds II, a virtual tabletop(VTTs), and have messed around a bit with the free VTTs. I've also joined a 4E game to get a better grasp of playing online, so that when I am ready to GM online, I can help the newer online gamers. I'm hoping that once my annual audit is complete towards the end of August to spend more time in getting ready to GM games online.

How much would readers of this post be interested in playing Traveller online? Would they be willing to learn how to use a VTT? Would they be interested enough to spend a little money for a VTT that has apps to help with character sheets, combat resolution, etc,?

DeadMike
07-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I personally would be more than happy to learn the interface and would love to join another Traveller game. Being disabled with a wife and children, my finances are a bit limited. So the bottom line would be the final cost once everything is said and done.
Mike

Fersboo
07-24-2010, 10:56 AM
I personally would be more than happy to learn the interface and would love to join another Traveller game. Being disabled with a wife and children, my finances are a bit limited. So the bottom line would be the final cost once everything is said and done.
Mike

I understand the finance issue, my wife and daughter ensure that my discretionary spending is limited. :biggrin:

Fantasy Grounds II is a VTT that only costs ~$25 for a Lite Lisence. I do have the option to allow if I understand the site correctly to allow others to use a freeby spot on my lisence to see if they like the program.

DeadMike
07-25-2010, 08:13 PM
A one time thing I can work most of the time. It's those monthly charges I can't do. I have too many months living on shoe strings.

deaconabyss
11-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Very interested have Maptool experience but can not afford the investment in fantasy grounds 2.