PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2nd Edition Forgotten Realms Campaign

raimen
05-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Hello!

I'm going to be starting up an AD&D 2nd Edition campaign set in the Forgotten Realms in the near future, and I'm looking for players. Currently, I have two confirmed with a potential third and I would like at least one more, if not 2-3. The game will be held weekly on Monday nights at my house in the northeast area of the city, and probably run from 7:00-10:00ish. I do have 2 cats, so if allergies are a concern keep that in mind. However, I am allergic to cats myself and am not bothered by them (one is a short hair and the other is essentially hypoallergenic - something about the breed). Like I said, the setting will be the Forgotten Realms, but I'll be rolling the clock back to 1356 DR, so before the Time of Troubles.

As for my DM style, I like to send my players (and their characters) through some very difficult adventures that will test them. We are building heroes, after all! More than anything else, I try to bring a sense of fun to the table and there are always a lot of laughs to be had.

If this sounds like something you're interested in, please reply!

cplmac
05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Good luck with your 2E game. Don't see that many games using this particular version of D&D. We have a tabletop group here that has 12 fulltime and 2 parttime people in it. We have been going for about a year and a half now. Hopefully your group will have a long run also.

raimen
05-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks! Just over 2 years ago I started another 2E campaign and we wound up gonig from weekly sessions to twice a week because the interest was so strong. Unfortunately, the frequency of the sessions burned me out so I had to take a break but the original group is still meeting weekly.

Valiant
06-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi raimen,

I'm currently running a 4.0 campaign that plays about once every 3 weeks. While we're enjoying good times, I find myself wanting to dust off my skills as a PC. I would also like to add two more D&D nights to my month.

Would your campaign accomodate a "once every two Mondays" gamer? Or would that ruin your continuity and campaign?

Feel free to be honest! As a DM I completely respect the decision between running a campaign with a half-attendance PC vs. the reward of having another person at the table, enjoying your campaign. :o