PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice with PDFs

Robperez
05-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Hey guys !

I recently came back to Rpgs and I really dont want to start gathering large collections of books since I have space limitations. I was wondering if someone has come up with a good way to carry their pdfs to use as playing tools with something else other than a laptop. As much as i love my laptop I kinda wanna do away with wires since it needs to be plugged in pluss I dont want to be rude and play behind a screen thats the DMs job not mine :)

Any help or advice will be apreciated since I dont want to shell out monney for something that will eventually turn into a paperweight.

Thanks

Robperez
05-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I found an android tablet that looks promising just to displaying and reading my pdfs. Has anyone seen one of of them ?

Im talking about the one from google.

Farcaster
05-21-2010, 12:48 PM
What about getting an iPad? That should handle PDFs pretty well, I would think.

Robperez
05-21-2010, 02:10 PM
I think is too much money for the device. 500 for 16 gb sounds a bit steep for me.

I was looking at the archos 7 for 200 as a possible solution. I dont want to run apps I just want to be able to read and search my books in it. I dont care about internet or anything like that. Just battery life and PDFs. I guess it still too much too ask for this age of technology.

:rolleyes:

Farcaster
05-21-2010, 02:19 PM
You might look at a smaller netbook as well then. As to battery life, I think that is one of the key things the iPad does for you. While $500 for 16gb does sound like a lot, when you consider the form factor and battery life, it really might well be worth it. That said, I haven't bought one for the very same reason. $500 is a lot of cash to drop on something like this.

Robperez
05-21-2010, 02:36 PM
http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/info.htm

The touch book seems to me like a plausible solution.

I just need the courage to jump and buy one of this things.

I kinda want someone that will give me absolute freedom of my data. That also send me away from the ipad.

MortonStromgal
05-21-2010, 10:27 PM
The itouch (not ipad) can do it but is a pain in the booty! Right now your options are Nook, Kindle, IPAD, and the one from Sony. I'm personally tempted by the Nook just because I prefer their user agreement to others.

Robperez
05-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Have you tested the nook ? or you are just going to take the plunge and see how it works ?