PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings - Test Balloon

Lender
05-10-2010, 09:36 PM
I tried getting a game going with this site a while ago, but it didn't pan out. It was probably for the best. I may try again. Check out my "about me" info. If anyone is interested in a monthly game (I'm really into my family and I also get a lot of side-work on weekends) of LOTR, please let me know. For those who might want to play, I would like to get to know you fairly well (via email or PM - heck! maybe even the phone!) before moving forward. We'd be playing at my house and I'm really careful about who I bring around my kids. Don't worry! There won't be an interrogation or FBI background check, but I would like to know that I'm playing with mature, decent, moral people. Is that too much to ask?! :biggrin:

Let me know if you have any questions about the game or... me (I may be a complete scumbag for all you know!). I'm waiting to see if this will go anywhere this time before I post a bunch of info about a campaign that might never come about. But I have, IMHO, a great campaign idea pretty fleshed-out. It's the same idea I tried to launch a while back. I got a party full of interested people to commit, but could never get everyone's schedules to remotely line up. Like I said, it was probably for the best. Anyway, let me know!

daddystabz
05-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Is this the Decipher LotR game based on the movies?

Lender
05-11-2010, 05:50 AM
The graphics are from the movies, but the content is faithful to the books.

daddystabz
05-11-2010, 06:12 AM
I am not criticizing it, merely asking. I own some of the materials for the Decipher LotR game.

Lender
05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
I am not criticizing it, merely asking. I own some of the materials for the Decipher LotR game.

I knew you weren't criticizing. Some of the sourcebooks (you may know this) have kind of a dual track. For instance the Fellowship book lays out the characters and settings from the book's standpoint and another entry for the movie version. The core book, however, only borrows pictures from the movies.

wolfram_stout
05-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Hello,

I am in Smyrna, looking for a monthly game (family, work, sound familar?).

I love LOTR both books and movies. So, I could get really geeked up for something like this. I don't know the deciepher system, but hey the system is just details right.

I think I remember your post from last time.

Let me know if this moves forward.

Regards,
Wolfram Stout
Richard

Lender
05-14-2010, 09:40 PM
I definitely will. Hopefully I'll get some more good folks interested, soon, but I'm in no rush.

Lender
05-22-2010, 08:58 PM
I've got a decent lead on another player who's not on this site. One or two more and we'll be in business! This site says more people (or some of the same people keep coming back) are checking this invite out. What do some of you need to know in order to give it more consideration?

Lender
06-19-2010, 09:07 PM
I was purposefully scant on info at the beginning of this invite, but now I'm thinking about giving a full account. But I wonder if anyone is even interested in more info, to see if they might be interested? Replies?