PDA

View Full Version : I may be leaving for a while

Malruhn
05-05-2010, 08:47 PM
As many of you know, I'm in the military... specifically, I'm in the Coast Guard. I just got notified today that I'm on the short-list for getting deployed down to the Gulf Coast for the Deepwater Horizon spill. I may be out of internet access for upwards of 90-days or more.

I actually have a choice of two jobs that I truly love - being involved in the investigation as to what happened originally on the oil platform, OR, doing actual oil cleanup. This sucks - like choosing between steak or lobster... The only "problem" is whether I end up in Louisiana or Alabama. The wife and kids are in Alabama - and I detest Louisiana (sorry!). So do I get to choose steak or lobster to eat in the Taj Majal or a porta-potty.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Steak or lobster? Must suck to be you. Well, for what it's worth, at least you'll love doing whatever they give you. It will make those 90+ days seem to fly by, and BTW, your service is greatly appreciated, Malruhn.

cplmac
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
:usa2:

A salute from an old Marine to the current watch. Keep us posted if there is something that you need while deployed. We will save a seat for you here.

tesral
05-14-2010, 01:31 AM
I'll keep y'all posted.

Be safe