PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft P&P

Kral
05-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Hello all, looking for two more players (have two currently) for a Warcraft (Skype, MapTool) game set a few years after the end of Frozen Throne. This time period is chosen because of the richness of the time period, and wide variety of things to accomplish and do shortly after the final events of Frozen Throne.
The system will be primarily 4e, with a massive rework of the way abilities are done, particularly for melee. There will also be several other changes, this will not feel like a 4e game. On a related note, there will copious amounts of homebrewed content, and I highly encourage player made content.
Characters will start at 1, but I'm making changes to insure that the early levels are exciting, and not dull as they typically are. Characters will have 1 Magic item when they start, and a small amount of gold and goods. One thing I would like to go ahead and state is that players should not limit themselves to content found in the Warcraft games, as far as classes, abilities, items, etc goes, although your class must make sense in the setting. For example, you -could- play a Necromancer, but you would -have- to be subtle about it, and I would have to work with you to make one that would be acceptable.
I would like a background on the character, and, if applicable, what direction you would like to take your character. As far as that goes, this game will begin in Alliance territory, and you cannot be Kill On Sight to the Alliance, although you do no have to friendly to the Alliance. This game will be 50/50 RP&Combat.
Game time is 8PM EST, Saturday.
If interested you can contact me via aschekalt@yahoo.com, or Ben Fuln on Skype.

Kral
06-26-2010, 02:04 AM
A player had to drop, so we have a slot open, if anyone is interested.

ragnarokilo
07-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Somehow I doubt you will let me import my raiding rogue, but I do still have an interest. I love the world, and would appreciate details on the campaign itself.

sharpwing
07-05-2010, 04:08 AM
ragnarokilo dude that is 8 games you have asked to join in one day how bout just applying to one at a time instead of all of them at once.

Kral
07-05-2010, 06:07 PM
ragnarokilo dude that is 8 games you have asked to join in one day how bout just applying to one at a time instead of all of them at once.

Eight? Damn, that goes past aggravating and into impressive.
At any rate, the slot is still open.

Kral
07-30-2010, 08:43 PM
We've got a slot open, if anyone is interested, just email me.

kytanos
07-31-2010, 01:59 PM
*Nevermind, interest retracted*

Kral
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
The most significant change to the 4e system would be that characters now have a pool of around 5 [Mana, Energy, Power, Balance, etc] Points, that are used to fuel abilities, spells, powers, etc that usually range from 1-3 points. The Power Points recharge at a rate of 1 pt/round, usually, with most characters having some way to gain points. Characters also have more abilities than in 4e.
I did this to quicken combat and make it more exciting, also, I found it idiotic to have a Group sleep in a dungeon. Don't think that I'm making the characters demigods, everything uses this system, and I've lowered HP across the board, making combat more dangerous. So far it's working nicely.

Syraphym
08-06-2010, 01:56 AM
I might be interested in this, depending on what times on friday you'll be doing it. (I'm on EST myself.) I am familiar with Skype, but not with Maptools, so i'll probably need some help there. Also, if you want to pm me, I'll give you some info as to what kind of character I'd be interested in. Mostly, I'd like to know, in regards to my character, what changes from 4e would be relative with respect to my race and class choices. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kral
08-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Seraphym, get in contact with me through Skype or email so we can have more reliable contact.
Prefferably Skype so that we can actually discuss things.

Kral
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Still looking to fill two slots.
Another significant change is Feat Chains. A Feat Chain a series of around 5 feats (created by the player and myself) centered around a certain aspect of the class or character of the player, it usually ends in a Power. This not only better allows a character to customize themselves, it is fun, and far more interesting than the bland, vanilla feats 4e comes with at base.

DarkYuan
08-16-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm very interested in this endeavor, I am familiar with Skype, but have only dabbled in MapTool - although I'm not a complete beginner with it. I've never really studied the D&D 4e rules, however I do have the PDF to read.

Regarding creating my character, I can come up with the race/class thing fine, however would need some help (possibly over Skype) in creating my character sheet, since you say you have heavily modified the 4e rules anyway.

If you would like to add me to your group, email me at a_newell@student.ednet.ns.ca, or find me on Skype at DarkYuan4, as I don't check P&PG very often.

Kral
08-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Still need a person or two.

As far as the setting itself goes, I've brought out the inherent Grim n' Dark in the setting. Not -too- much (this isn't Warhammer), but I've made the setting sensible concerning the numerous dire threats in Azeroth.

Oh, and I changed the day to Saturday.