PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds: Invasion

Lass
04-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Mutant and Masterminds: Invasion

First it was the meteors falling from the sky. Cities felt their impact and scientists scrambled for answers.

Next it was the sighting of strange insect like creatures seem scampering across youtube from camera phones.

But then everything changed! The sky grew red and seemed to crack wide open. Alien ships began to arrive!

This is an Iron Age style game of Mutants and Masterminds seeking to recruit players. The setting will be Freedom City (though a pre-existing knowledge is not required). The combat to RP balance will be about 50% though good RP is essential and will be rewarded accordingly both with more character development subplots and hero points. Power Level 10.

Game will be on Saturdays: Negotiable between mid afternoon to evening start.
Between game RP will be available on the forums.
Play will utilize maptools and skype. If you cant speak, dont apply.

Syraphym
04-29-2010, 09:14 PM
I may be very interested in joining something like this. I only had a very brief encounter with M+M before, so I might need a little help with some things, but I do have access to the main rulebook.

Also, if it helps, I get home from work on Saturdays roughly at 4 pm. Would this be a problem?

Lass
04-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Thats not a problem. MnM is a really easy game to learn. Its based on the D20 system with some tweeks to combat. No hit points for example or damage rolls. It moves fast and can be a lotta fun. Let me know about character ideas and we can try to work things out.

kytanos
04-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Im restricted to the evening as for my time, sadly. If it isn't after 5est I cant play.

-(if this turns out to be too inconvenient for everyone else, Ill glady step out. Dont want to "hold up" the game)-

Syraphym
05-01-2010, 02:00 PM
For the record, 5pm EST works beautifully for me 99% of the time.

Webhead
05-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Dang! If only I had more free time, I would be all about joining this game!

Oh well. I hope you get a good group going!

Freedom City!!!! WOOT!!! :cool:

zeno67
05-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Hi Lass. Would you be interested in taking a complete noob along? I mean I played some basic D&D way back in the day when I was in high school, but trust me, that was a long time ago. All these years have passed and I have owned numerous rule books but have never found myself in a position to give it a go.
So if you would like an eager and willing neophyte I am all yours. I happen to have a pdf of M&M rule book so other than asking some very beginner questions I would be ready to go.

Lass
05-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Do you have a character idea in mind Zeno? If so let me hear it and we'll see what happens.

zeno67
05-07-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm still reading through the manual and trying to get a good grasp on how things work. I have also been able to look at the Iron Age book to get an idea of what that is about. I have a couple of concepts floating around in my head, but was leaning towards a psionic type hero. Possible former military/government type that was involved in some black ops program/experiments.

zeno67
05-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I have found another game starting today so I'm not going to be available.

AntiTrust
05-23-2011, 02:43 PM
I would be interested in joining. Just needs days/times. I live in the CST zone if that matters

Gentlemen Ghost
05-27-2011, 01:15 AM
Extremely interested in joining this. Just tell me what version I need so I can get the sourcebook. My semester finished, so I'll be available most nights.

whitefox
05-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I speak for Lass, when I say this game is dead dead dead dead (you can note it by the date of her original post, over a year ago).