PDA

View Full Version : Middle-Earth (MERP) Campaign (Waltham, MA)

vampirewaltham
04-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Hello,

I am looking to run a weekly campaign set in Tolkien's Middle-Earth (taking place in the early years of the Fourth Age, not too terribly long after the War of the Rings). The campaign would run once a week, preferably on a weekday evening, as my weekends are usually busy.

The game would use the old Middle-Earth Roleplaying (MERP) system (2nd edition), which has been out of print for a long time, but players needn't own a copy. The game would meet at my apartment in Waltham, MA (just a little west of Boston, and on the comutter rail and a number of public bus routes).

The game would hopefully be beginning either in late May or early June, depending on people's schedules and organizing people.

I may have a couple interested players already, but am looking for more to have a solid group of players--hopefully around 5 people total. We're all friendly people, and are pretty relaxed when role-playing. We do a fair amount of role-playing, with some action and combat scattered in to keep the pace of things up. We're all experienced gamers, although you needn't be. Some basic knowledge of Middle-Earth (like having read the Lord of the Rings or something), however, would be helpful.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

unclebenny
04-28-2010, 07:05 AM
I saw you posted this game looking for players- I haven't players Middle Earth role playing before... is it much different than D20 system?

Can you tell me a little about your game/group?

Ben

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

What I meant to write was...

I saw you posted this game looking for players- I haven't players Middle Earth role playing before... is it much different than D20 system?

I've been playing D&D3.5 for a while, and some other tabletop RPGs, so I'll be able to pick up whatever pretty fast...

What's your typical game schedule?

Sorry- I had missed the part in your description describing your group!

Ben

Ben

vampirewaltham
04-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Replied in PM.

moogaar
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Hello,

I live in Waltham and any of those three days you described are perfect. I've got over 20 years of RPG experience and I'm familiar with Middle-Earth.

My email is lordtyranis2004@yahoo.com if you want to discuss further.

Thank you.

Hello,

I am looking to run a weekly campaign set in Tolkien's Middle-Earth (taking place in the early years of the Fourth Age, not too terribly long after the War of the Rings). The campaign would run once a week, preferably on a weekday evening, as my weekends are usually busy.

The game would use the old Middle-Earth Roleplaying (MERP) system (2nd edition), which has been out of print for a long time, but players needn't own a copy. The game would meet at my apartment in Waltham, MA (just a little west of Boston, and on the comutter rail and a number of public bus routes).

The game would hopefully be beginning either in late May or early June, depending on people's schedules and organizing people.

I may have a couple interested players already, but am looking for more to have a solid group of players--hopefully around 5 people total. We're all friendly people, and are pretty relaxed when role-playing. We do a fair amount of role-playing, with some action and combat scattered in to keep the pace of things up. We're all experienced gamers, although you needn't be. Some basic knowledge of Middle-Earth (like having read the Lord of the Rings or something), however, would be helpful.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.