PDA

View Full Version : Crabmen!

Rastfar
04-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a handy stat block or conversion of the old Fiend Folio Crabmen into 3.x rules? Any help would be much appreciated. Though perhaps not by my players...

Thanks,

wizarddog
04-27-2010, 01:15 AM
I did not find one on my first run through google but I know Necromancer Game's Tomb of Horrors I has a d20 conversion of the creature.

cplmac
04-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Uh Oh, looks like Rastfar's party is about to get crabs. Guess they will need to seek out a healer to take care of that.:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

:focus:

With all the different skills and feats, I can see where it wouldn't be easy to convert old 1E/2E creatures over to 3.x as easily. Being unfamiliar with the 3.x books that are out there, I will ask if maybe it was included in a monster manual or some other book for 3.x?

InvestFDC
05-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Could you merge something like a troglodyte with a Locathah? Or just base it off of a similar creature in the MM?

Lord.Sorasen
05-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Oh man, one of my first posts and it might actually be helpful!

I'm not too sure on a conversion technique, but I know the Hengeyokai (Oriental Adventures race) can get a crab subtype, with a -2 wisdom but natural armor bonus, swim speed, etc. You might trade your ability to shapeshift (so instead of being crab to person to crab-person you'd just always be crab-person) and eliminate that -2 wisdom deduction, or maybe get rid of the nasty ECL.

Rastfar
05-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks guys!

Wizard, I think you meant Tome of Horrors. HAHAHA! I started scouring the Tomb of Horrors and was like, 'Where? Where are there Crabmen?' Unfortunately, I don't have access to that book.

Ooh, the Oriental Adventures! I actually own that book too. Darn tootin'! That is really helpful. Thanks so much, Sorasen. I'll look it over soon and let you know what I come up with. Heck, Maybe I'll even throw the stat block up here. It'd be like spawning season. Crabmen could start to infest campaigns all over the world! Mwaahahhaa!

All I know is, I picked up one of those Plastic Crab toys (from like Schleich or something), use that as a Colossal Crab (Stormwrack) and throw in some deity worshipping Crabmen and 'Whammo!' - Instant memorable encounter.

Dark
05-09-2010, 05:43 PM
The Fiend Folio if I recall right I have the book sealed up somewhere if I can recall which room of books :confused:...

Rastfar
05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey thanks for the help everybody! It's greatly appreciated.

I have tracked down the Tome of Horrors, and since it seemed such a wildly popular topic, figured I'd share -

CRABMEN (Large Monstrous Humanoid) [Aquatic]
Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (19hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft., swim 20ft.
AC: 16 (-1 size, +7 natural)
Attacks: 2 claws +5 melee
Damage: Claw 1d6+3
Face/Reach: 5ft. by 5ft./10ft.
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Squeeze
Special Qualities: Amphibious, Darkvision 60'
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 11, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 8