PDA

View Full Version : Time Line

Moritz
02-26-2007, 11:26 AM
So. I've mentioned from time to time that I've been running a super heroic game since 1988 (started designing it in 1987) (least i think i've mentioned that - if not, there ya go).

And over that time, I kept a journal and a time line of major events that happened in the world. Also during that time, I've had many players to cycle in and out of the game. So it allowed my world to be seen through many points of view as well as from different cities (IE: One group of players would be in Seattle, while another may be in New York, etc).

The original time line is 134 pages long. As it's coming up on my 20 year anniversary of running this game, I decided to rewrite the time line. As you can imagine, back in the day (being a punk kid, horrible writer, and not knowing how the world really worked or how a plotline/storyline should work), I would compose some awful games or just come up with ignorant events that make no sense now. So a rewrite is in order.

As it stands, looking at the old time line, I'm on page 5; looking at the new time line, I'm on page 60. So basically, I've really expanded events and made things make more sense.

I figure in our Blog format, I may even share a few of the events, but I will warn you, they're often graphic (violence, not explicit sex); oh, and even though I've taken a few creative writing classes, my grammar often sucks when I'm hungry or tired. So forgive some of the choppy times that wreak 'lack of flow'.

For now, I'll share the first set of entries:

August 3, 1786
Galactic Location X117.3, Y3989.6; 74,000 light years from Earth, planet designation Xerxia orbiting a binary star system. Within the capital city of Ran’al’tool, the Xerxian Council of 13 convenes regarding the war effort against the Val’Loi and how they are in need of additional warriors and any new means of combating their enemies. The Xerxian science community has recently discovered a planet that sustains life and it is their hope that this life can be modified to serve the war effort. They assign one of their well-known and brilliant scientists named Jolok to venture to this planet to investigate the potential for genetic re-sequencing and modification of the dominant species. If test results are positive, then Jolok is then to proceed with the modification of said species for future harvesting to use against the Val’Loi.

May 15, 1867
Jolok arrives within the Sol System and begins his study of the species upon the third planet. Within a few months, he lands his ship within the German Alps and buries it under several tons of rocks to utilize it as a base of operations.

September, 4, 1876
Jolok has mapped the genetic code of all living species upon this planet, of which, the indigenous sentient species call Earth. Determining the evolutionary pathway of all living things, he can see clearly into the past of what is called Mankind, or Humans. To him, they are a weaker, less intelligent, and unworthy species. He knows without the modifications that his people have proposed, the species will pose no threat to the Val’Loi. Jolok has many years more of work to accomplish.

spotlight
07-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Hello, Moritz. Yeah, you've mentioned this before. I remember reading a lot more of your jmaterial. I think it was posted somewhere else, or maybe there was a link to it. i would love the chance to run one or two of my supers thru your paces. Or, even one or two of my supervillians.

Moritz
07-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks, and it'd be cool if I still ran a game.

I've not run anything in quite some time.

Life sort of gets in the way.

nijineko
07-26-2008, 08:07 PM
whenever you reach a point where you could take this game online, you just let us know! =D

Moritz
07-27-2008, 05:50 PM
What medium/internet program we talking?

nijineko
07-27-2008, 05:58 PM
anything (i) we can use? play-by-post, or any other viable options.

spotlight
07-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Play by post is quiet simple, in my opinion. You just set it up just like a face to face game, except all the actions take days or weeks instead of minutes.

Humm... err, that acctually may be an OVER simplification, no?

spotlight
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM
At least, That's what I think he meant by 'on line' --- play by post. I have also played in a couple of games with live chat posting. Just as fast as face to face, but with all the typing. I have even run a couple, with another guy's game format (and permission) and since all the players were already members, and had their regular characters, it was quite a session.

All I had to provide was the area and mission.

spotlight
07-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey, guess what? I was clearing out an old stack of stuff and came across an old diceless battle system. Hmmm... I think it could be modified enough to work in a play-by-post game, where all the players need to do is post their actions and discriptions thereof. What do yall think, give it a try?

Moritz
07-31-2008, 07:53 AM
Play by Post is way to slow for me.

nijineko
08-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey, guess what? I was clearing out an old stack of stuff and came across an old diceless battle system. Hmmm... I think it could be modified enough to work in a play-by-post game, where all the players need to do is post their actions and discriptions thereof. What do yall think, give it a try?

i'd be interested in taking a look!