PDA

View Full Version : Crazy-lookin' logo?

I. J. Thompson
04-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi! Love the site, everything's great... except for the past few days.

Upon logging in a few days ago, I found the green box at the top of each page (which holds the P&PG logo) stretched down so that it fills about 3/4 of my screen. The logo itself is also vertically stretched to fill this space. It's been like that ever since, even though I've emptied my cache a few times.

Is anyone else having this problem? It's not the end of the world, but it does mean that I have to page down to even see any content! :confused:

Farcaster
04-23-2010, 11:18 AM
What browser are you using I.J.?

yukonhorror
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
i get it with safari

cplmac
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I have the same thing using IE8. Another thing that I noticed today is that there is now an Advertisement in the top right corner that covers up the box to check for "Remember Me" You have to be ready to click the box quickly, otherwise it gets covered by the ad.

Farcaster
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
The logo size should now be resolved.

cplmac
04-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Yep, back down to the "normal" size that it was. There is still however the ads that coverup the "remember me" box if you're not fast enough in clicking it. Although, I usually click that box as soon as it comes up, so maybe it has been this way all along.

Farcaster
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
IE 8 isn't playing nice, I guess. I have IE 8 at home. I'll take a look at it tonight. In the meantime, I'll disable that ad slot for users who aren't logged in.

Farcaster
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Oh! Okay, I see what you mean. I've worked around it. It should be better now.

cplmac
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM
By disabling that ad slot just for users not logged in should be fine. That way once we log in, the ads will be there and not covering anything needed to log on.

Thanks

Farcaster
04-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Nah, I just moved it down a little. Give it a try and you'll see.

cplmac
04-23-2010, 02:04 PM
There we go. I wasn't sure if it could just be moved lower. Sorry to put you through all that, but this way it should keep from seeing a lot of members complaining about having to keep logging back in.

Farcaster
04-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Yep! Thanks for letting me know. I didn't realize that I had accidentally covered it up.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Threadjack alert: Farcaster, i sent you another IM. Let me know if you get it, thanks.

Now, :focus:!

cplmac
04-23-2010, 03:31 PM
There we go. I wasn't sure if it could just be moved lower. Sorry to put you through all that, but this way it should keep from seeing a lot of members complaining about having to keep logging back in.

Yep! Thanks for letting me know. I didn't realize that I had accidentally covered it up.

Now this is interesting. Where my post quoted above actually is, I see the word complaining twice, but it only shows once in the quote. I have noticed in a couple of other posts where there is a word showing twice. There is no specific thread or section that it seems to be happening. Didn't know if everyone was seeing this or if it is something to do with the IE8?

Also, sure thing on letting you know about the remember me box. I figure that with everything you have going on, you won't know when little things like that happen unless one of us members points it out.

I. J. Thompson
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Thank you for the fix, Farcaster! (and for the record, I was using Safari).

As for the double-word phenomenon, I haven't seen anything, but I'll note it here if I do! :)