PDA

View Full Version : Honor Harrington (Honorverse) Game. Anyone running one?

GozerTC
04-18-2010, 01:12 AM
As the subject lays out I was wondering if anyone was running an Honor Harrington RPG. I've got the tactical game (which is awesome and very complex. Though I have no one to play that with. :p) and I heard a while back they were working on an RPG but I've never seen it since.

So with all these universal RPG systems and tons of information readily available is anyone running say a GURPS Honorverse game?

malchya
05-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Not Honorverse per se....I've been a fan of C.S. Forester, Pat O'Brian, Alexander Kent and etc for about 45 years now and my favorite game is FGU's Privateers and Gentlemen. But I can't find players interested in fighting sail. I can,however, find players interested in sci fi... So I took FGU's Space Opera and built a naval oriented campaign from it. My players were officers aboard star ships during a massive war. It had a very "Honor" like feel to it. Probably because the source material for both Weber and myself was the same.

GozerTC
05-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Now that's cool! Though given the choice right now I'd probably be more willing for a Wooden Ships and Iron Men swashbuckling adventure more than a Sci-Fi one if it wasn't strait up Honorverse. :)

Don't suppose you're running one as a play by post? :)