PDA

View Full Version : I will be honest about this web site.

ak47
04-17-2010, 12:02 AM
At first I thought this site was a good site. But that was at first. I realize i have grammar and spelling problem. After it was pointed out to me from people that cared to help. I started working on it. this is not a over night job, Unless you use software to help. That i tried in chat, But slowed me down. Left me in the dust in the conversation. I will admit sometimes I rushed and didn't check what i typed. I want to thank the people that commented in order to help.
For the most part though most people did not. They wished to point out my mistakes in a rude or inconsiderate way. With little or no positive response. To even a fact of being what i call a Educated Cyber Bully. Stating Stuff as "anyone with a education or any school background would Not wast there time, I went to school to avoid people like you leave"
I have never denied my Faults. I explained one reason i have this problem is i am disabled I do have downstream. A minor case, but i still have it. I started working on my grammar and spelling getting better everyday. For the Educated Cyber Bullies, that didn't mater. They Ignored my progress and continued relentlessly on me in chat. I would list all names here But I know if I do this thread will be pulled fast. So I thought it would be better to leave names out, so my story can be heard.
It came down tonight i had enough of the cyber bulling. I went 100% on my grammar and spelling. I open every tab i can puling sits that can help me used word. everything i could get my hands on I used. this made my chat delay up to 10mins to respond. I thought this would stop it, but it did not they still found fault. So I had enough. Stated in Chat what do you people want from me. I have done it using what i can get my hands on. Then they played dumb we didn't say anything.
At this time i was feed up. I was starting to copy and past from chat what they said. As soon as they say that they ran "cowards" and put me on ignore so i could not post the chat logs to show them.
I do not now if i stay or go, on gaming wise. I will sleep on it, But i will say this i do not mean to offend the moderators or admins of this site in my last statement but it is true.

This site is not meant to used by anyone with any major disabilities. Most of the people here are uncaring or even like that fact in people.
If you are a highly educated person with no illness at all. This site is for you.

Final statement. I never got mean or rude till tonight been respectful even swallowed this bad behavior for the most part.
Also I used every software online and off i can to get this thread nice and pretty to get the word out. I dont need any reply to this thread ether. Just a thought for any new people that join later on that may have similar stuff as i do. As for the moderators and admins i request this stays up. I did not use foul language, stated names, or anything that is in appropriate.

Richard Littles
04-17-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm sorry that you ran into people like that. I would like you to contact one of the moderators or Farcaster with the problems you've been experiencing, since they'll be able to resolve this issue that you're having. In my time here, I haven't seen much of what you described, but it could be due to me being part of the industry. This site is meant to be used by all people in the RPG community, including those with disabilities. The moderators and the owner of P&PG want everyone to have the best possible experience on this site.

cplmac
04-17-2010, 09:10 AM
This site is for everyone of legal age to use it. It does not matter what level of education or state of health any particular individual person is in. I will presume that this took place yesterday after I had to get off of my computer, due to severe stormy weather that was coming through my area. There were many power issues here, or I would have been on. Ak, I will thank you for not posting individual names here, but if possible, you can either send them to myself or Farcaster in a PM (Private Message). Though I can't be sure that any of those who were in on this unacceptable behavior will even see this post or thread, I will mention that Farcaster will not tollerate members telling other members that they should not be on any part of the P&PG site. Also, I am sure that Farcaster will review the Chat log for yesterday as soon as he sees this thread. For those that were involved in this incident, don't be surprised if you suddenly find that you are unable to access the Chat, if not the entire site, for violating the site's harasment policy.

mrken
04-17-2010, 12:07 PM
AK, I am sorry you experienced what you did. Sometimes people are cruel, that is just a fact of life. You don't have to keep dealing with them. Peer pressure can help in some cases. Get their names to the people who can help you. With help you can find this forum to be much more pleasant and less trying.

As for your disability, you are not the only one. I too have a problem. Mine is dyslexia. Numbers are my biggest problem but letters too. I overcome my problem with Microsoft Word and spell check. My problems tend to disappear after I re-read and find most of my problems.

For the most part I do not tend to go into chat. In my experience I find people feel much more free to disparage others, even though I can type fast enough. Some people seem to have a highly inflated opinion of themselves and not afraid to expound upon this. I have also found that the crowd there is not the same crowd I converse on the boards. Different people find different ways to express themselves. Chat is not my strong point nor my favorite interest, so, I don't spend much time there.

GozerTC
04-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Friggin cyber bullies indeed! Pleasee listen to the GM's and submit the names and proof so the culprits can be properly dealt with. The internet is an playground where everyone wears a mask, and for some that mask makes them think they can get away with anything they want. Those folks need to be held responsible for their actions.

Dytrrnikl
04-18-2010, 11:36 PM
AK47 - Sadly, in this day and age, the anonymity of the internet allows for a good majority of people (and to quote Lex Luthor People are no damn good) to be sanctimonious, self-righteous, and frankly despicable, believing that just because they are not being an ass face to face, that they are doing nothing wrong. It sucks in a big way that you've had your experience here tainted and ruined by the flaming comments of cyber-bullies. Hit-up Farcaster. In the mean time, if you decide to stick around, keep taking the high road, keep a thick skin, and do not acknowledge their derogatory comments. Not easy considering the extraordinary frustration and aggravation you're feeling now from all the crap you've already weathered.

yukonhorror
04-19-2010, 07:53 AM
I was going to say report this to cplmac (the chat admin), but he has seen it. Unacceptable (on their part not yours or cplmac's).

ak47
04-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Hi, i did decide. to stay i was on next day. i told cplmac the name of the person from that night that finally made me loss my cool. the reason why i haven't been for last few days i thought my account was hacked in retaliation of thread. when i hoped on 1rst day after i made the thread. in the evening vrs morning, and when to chat all settings where changed with a pic instead of color on background. i mailed cplmac and hoped off right away. i didn't get his mail till this morning. email is sometimes just like snail mail lol. but i guess what cplmac told me is there's a glitch with chat. rare once in a time it will randomly change it self, and has done it to him. Farcaster if looking to get new software that will fix it. but that was just my bad luck to have that glitch day right after i finely spoke up. t other wise with the positive feed back and support now from staff it has been a much more pleasant time. i want to thank everyone for there effert.

mrken
04-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Just a note to some of the riff raff. Every e-mail, post and chat entry leaves a identifying marker. It is pretty easy to follow it back to the ISP and then to the individual computer. You are not invisible. And if you get mommy or daddies account closed, you then get to explain to them why. Or even worse, the police can be called in and charges can be filed. Get a life and play nice when you leave your house, even virtually.

tesral
04-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Major disabilities? Yo. Dyslexic, lousy typist, And I came out of high school unable to spell. If I didn't heavily edit my posts I would be unreadable. I don't do chat, and the speed and accuracy at which I type is an issue there. I'm much faster than I used to be, but the cursor goes backward nearly as much as forward.

I'm glad you decided ot stay, and you've been willing to work on it, good. I can't really speak for the unkind comments. From what I have seen you have improved your posts considerably. Everybody has something to say. And I for one wish to hear what you have to say. I've been the shy, awkward, unsocial guy. RPG changed that. I used to be afriad to write or type. Computers changed that. One look at my post count will prove the kind of chatter box I've become. It is a neverending work in progress. I still spend a great deal of time over each post making sure I actually used English, and it says something.

The site is a good one. There is no accounting for some people however. I empty my nostrils in their general direction. Their Father was a hedgehog, and their Mother smelt of elderberries. If they return my comment I shall taunt them again.

ak47
04-19-2010, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE=tesral;138980]
I'm glad you decided ot stay, and you've been willing to work on it, good. I can't really speak for the unkind comments. From what I have seen you have improved your posts considerably. Everybody has something to say. And I for one wish to hear what you have to say.

yes and i want to thank you most of all. It was you that pointed it out to me and guided me in the right path, you and farcaster where the first two said hey we like you, but you're post where nightmares and people wont read them and i want to hear what you have to say. So let me set you on the right path. try using x and x software and reread you're post. I wont be a overnight change but if you keep it up be you be a great writer.
tyvm=thank you very much