PDA

View Full Version : The UBER Project

Tim Proctor
04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm looking to see if anyone would be willing to jump on board with a massive project.

The Pen and Paper Games Living World.

Homebrew settings, mulitple GMs (10ish) that work together on everything for world development, house rules, etc. Everything is debated and voted to ensure the best in game play.

Each GM has a group of 3-6 players that go through quests, and the actions of those question effect other players, etc. etc.

Because it's a P&PG project it would be PbP for storyline and such with Chat for encounters and combat.

If you are interested please post something.

MarshamSane
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM
personaly I don't like PbP; what if I want to run my group exclusively through chat?

and maybe you could have a DM setup the stories for each 'region' of the world and work together how these little plots affect the whole global climate.
maybe multiple region's Big Baddies will try to trick rival PC groups and try to get them to work against eachother or even hire them to take out their rivals?

outrider
04-15-2010, 09:48 PM
its an interesting idea, but I dont think it will work. It would be real difficult to get everybody to agree on rule variants. Each dm and group has a different style of play. I prefer lower level stuff myself but others want real high level games.

Tim Proctor
04-15-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm cool with different styles for the groups, based that they can keep the timeline.

yukonhorror
04-16-2010, 08:34 AM
I tried this sort of, and it didn't work (search for ever-changing adventures). Good luck though if you get it to work.

Tim Proctor
04-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Well I understand that it will be difficult as this is a massive project.

I understand that GMs have different play styles and I think that is one of the strong suites about having multiple GMs all taking part of this project, there are plenty of people to bounce ideas off of. It will ensure a high quality of storyline, mechanics, and play.

I also know that most GMs agree on most things, most people are reasonable and agree with reasonable requests.

I think to start a project like this, it might be better to start off with Forgotten Realms and Pathfinder or 3.5 since they seem to be the best known systems and storylines out there.

outrider
04-17-2010, 11:39 PM
It probably should be a homebrew of some type. FR has been done to death.

Aleucard
04-22-2010, 01:49 AM
Personally, I'd like to try getting in the middle of this, ESPECIALLY if we were to do it as a "modern warfare" style campaign, as described in Complete Warrior 3.5. That would lend itself almost PERFECTLY to something like this. There'd also be suitable amounts of both combat and roleplay as needed, so long as the DMs knew what they were doing. Sound good?

Geode
04-22-2010, 03:01 AM
I totally want in on that action! Not as GM, though. XD

Tim Proctor
04-23-2010, 09:18 AM
I going to continue looking for GMs to play and create this. Once we have 5 we'll probably start with players.

wizarddog
04-27-2010, 01:17 AM
I am certainly interested in providing something collaborative.