PDA

View Full Version : New Beginings - Avatar the Last Airbender/Pathfinder

Death Rattle
04-11-2010, 05:21 AM
About 200 Years after Aang defeated the Fire lord the world hasn't changed much. The Four Nations borders have been blurred as cultures intermixed, without the oppressive hand of the Fire Nation on the people of the world, trade flourished. People have gradually stepped forward and have forgiven the Fire Nation for its crimes against the world. To prevent future wars and to help promote peace, Avatar Aang with help from the Order of the White Lotus founded The Council, with representatives from all nations.

Technology as far as tanks and war balloons go, as a gesture of good faith, Zuko after becoming Fire Lord ordered that all factories producing machines of war were to stop production. He recognized that at least at the time, the world was too used to war and in order to bring the world into an age of peace, the war industry, i.e. weapons development, warships, tanks, etc. had to stop. While the setting still has some of that, at most the world is in a Steampunk state as far as technology goes.

Though most of the Air benders were wiped out in the last war, air bending doesn't only belong to the monks. Several generationsí later signs of air bending have begun to resurface. Not to mention Aang's Descendants, I donít want to get into a fan debate or something about Aang and Kitara but letís just say for Stories sake he had kids, doesn't matter with who, just that he has descendants out there.

In recent years the Dai Li have become more of a problem, they are no longer the secret police of Ba Sing Se, instead they have become a resistance group, trying to wrest power, any power from the control of the Council. They no longer are all earth benders, though many of them are due to the formation of the resistance being the old Dai Li agents, many of elite impoverished due to many circumstances, however they claim the root of these problems are said to originate from The Council.

Something Sinister is brewing in the shadows, whispers of a resistance have reached The Council. A covert team is sent to investigate rumors of Dai Li agents in the bustling trading town of Xing Dan. Situated on the bank of the Chi Bin River it is in a great position for trading by water and the nearby Jade mine make the town fairly wealthy.

The players are this covert team, any origin is accepted, however all characters are in the employ of The Council as an enforcer; someone to get things taken care of. They aren't evil, just that they are a kind of secret police deployed to keep the balance.

Players may choose from either the Pathfinder Fighter or Monk Classes or

Earthbender (http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/earthbender2.0)

Firebender (http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/firebender2.0)

Airbender (http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/airbender2.0) (If you choose this, you must have a fitting back story)

Waterbender (http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/waterbender2.0)

The bending classes listed are quite well made however there are several problems with the way some abilities work, just ask me if you have any questions to clarify things.

The Bending classes are in the 3.5 system so if you are familar with the Pathfinder Core rules you can easily convert it, if you have any questions you can PM me

or IM me using Windows Live Messenger ID: promedictacler@yahoo.com

Death Rattle
04-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Well I guess theres no interest in this.

GozerTC
04-18-2010, 01:39 AM
More like this forum is BUSY! OMG! O.O!

I'm a fan of Avatar though I'm not sure if I could schedule a "live" game into my current life. Would love to though, even though I've never used Pathfinder or OpenRPG.

If you try this as a PbP somewhere do PM me and I'll work up my Earthbender character ASAP! :D

chrono21791
04-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Hmmm. I would really want to play this but the abilities of the benders seem kind of limited... the attacking looks ok, but there are a lot of things the benders could do that aren't really represented. And I don't see anything about earthbenders getting to metalbend at some point. It seems like an appropriate 20th level ability...

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Nevermind. I read more about it and they seem pretty cool.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Question: Can you multiclass with the bending classes? Being a monk/bender would be cool. If so, can bending classes multiclass with each other? Is it possible to be an earthbender/waterbender, for instance?

Death Rattle
04-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Honestly, I've started running a different campaign and i've completely lost interest in running an avatar game at the moment. Maybe later

chrono21791
04-18-2010, 09:02 PM
BALFKSDHFGL:KSDJF.

Is there spots open in the other game? And is it pathfinder?

GozerTC
04-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Ah too bad. *Shrugs*

I hope you're having fun!

chrono21791
04-18-2010, 09:48 PM
and where in the world did you get those classes? Did you make them? I couldn't find them anywhere.