PDA

View Full Version : The Deadliest Warrior

Zugh
04-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Ok, so I haven't been posting as much as I used to. But I have discovered something new. And awesome. It can be with any race, preferably a human. This is it:

Fighter
Light Armor (So that you can still move at a good speed)
Scimitar X2 (Preferably both Keen)
FEATS: 2 Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus(Scimitar), Weapon Specializazion (Scimitar) (Thats all I have, mine is a 2nd level Fighter)

Basically, this thing is a ****in killing machine. I'm only a level 2 Fighter, and we've taken out some pretty nasty things with this guy. It has a 25% chance of scoring a critical hit on each attack. For feats, take Weapon focuses/ Specializations/any thing that will help with 2 weapon fighting and/or Scimitar Bonuses. You might also (if you start out on a high enough level) wanna take a level in Barbarian to get the extra speed boost. so... Yeah, this thing is a fast, critical hit, killing machine. I have only used it once, but I plan on using it many more times. I hope that you will try it out for yourselves.

wizarddog
04-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Well, you must have a nice DM, because usually this kind of build leads to some hard times later on. Main issue is your to hit with these weapons is extremely low. The scimitar is not a light weapon , so you are taking a -4 to hit with each weapon and that will effect your critical success as well. Your off hand weapon also only applies 1/2 your strength bonus.

A few words I would also like to add: undead, construct, plant, oozes etc...basically enemies that are immune to critical hits.

Ultimately, two weapon fighting for a fighter is not the best best use of feat tree. Most players recommend rogues for such a character. Under right conditions, a rogue will apply all hits with sneak attack, doing more damage. The second option for a two weapon fighter is the ranger, who will get more skill points, has more hit dice than the rogue and can apply his favored enemy to damage. And to off set the penalty of to hit, both can use light weapons with weapon finesse, adding their dex to their to hit rolls.

The two scimitar build looks nice on paper and at the early levels it works well, but a -4 to hit puts you behind other PC's in battle as you advance and it does you no good to threat on 18-20 if you still need a natural 20 to hit.

Malruhn
04-10-2010, 12:55 PM
This sounds like an attempt at building a DM killer, in which case I would take that as a challenge.

Hello, Mr. Killing Machine! May I introduce you to lots of missile weapons and undead. Oh, and did we have the discussion about the rarity of those people willing to cast "Keen" for nearly nothing?

Oh, and I've got a large list of critters that have been specifically noted as being resistant to piercing, bludgeoning and SLASHING weapons.

My probable route of attack for this guy would be role playing. hehehe... nothing to slash!

tesral
04-11-2010, 06:47 AM
If the build is within the rules and the DM does not use Power Word No, then whose fault is it?

outrider
04-11-2010, 10:15 PM
If it is third ed. you cant take specialization until 4th level.

d-_-b
04-12-2010, 04:06 PM
"Power Word No". I love that:D

The ultimate damage dealing light armored warrior build (IMO) would be a Barbarian with 2 levels of fighter for feats, armed with a Falchion. Go for the Frenzied Beserker prestige class with a Power Attack + Leap Attack feat combo. This build absolutely maximizes the advantages of a great strength score.