PDA

View Full Version : Character Builder customization?

kirksmithicus
04-05-2010, 10:57 PM
This came up in another thread and I didn't want to derail that thread with an off topic question. So here goes. Does anyone know if WotC has plans to make the character builder compatible with 3rd party material? As it is right now, the character builder can be customized but with only "Illegal" content. That is content of their creation but not normally available to a given race or class. I for one would like to see far more functionality and ability to modify or add custom material. Right now you can't even get the weapons cards to show custom input. This is probably because they keep the database, but it would be nice to have a local database, with your own or 3rd party mods in it.

wizarddog
04-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Probably not.

You might have to consider a third party character generator.

kirksmithicus
04-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Probably not.

You might have to consider a third party character generator.

Okay, thanks. So can anyone suggest any good third party applications?

yukonhorror
04-06-2010, 11:40 AM
microsoft word, wordperfect, etc... :).

My suggestion would take what DDI builder gives you and change things by hand that need (want) to be changed. On the printout. OOOORRRR, copy the text into a format of your liking and change the numbers as needed. Right now, I have a word document, that I just plug in all of the numbers. For attacks and such (if I have the PDF version of the sourcebook), I just copy and paste the power entry into the file, and write underneath the pertinent numbers. If I don't have the PDF, I just type in the text of importance.

If the changes aren't major (only affect one of two things), shouldn't be hard to revise the accounting.

But google character builder 4e, because I saw a blog or whatever that lists the top 5 available.