PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasy/Horror Setting: Night Reign

korhal23
04-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey folks, just popping on here to draw your attention to a newly developed and released 4E setting, Night Reign (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=80216).

Official Blurb:
Honor.
Agony.
Love.
Horror.
Once there were heroes.
Once there was light.
But heroes rise and fall.
Betrayal lives forever.
The brightest light casts the deepest shadow,
and the fall from grace is a fast one.
Night awakens.
The Betrayer has taken death for his own mantle and rises from the grave,
extends his treacherous hand and shrouds the world in endless darkness.
A chorus of mourning rises,
A tortured cacophony in the wake of his dreaded footsteps.
Heroes hide within the shadows of the Moon.
Darkness covers the land.
The Night Reign has begun.

This 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons rules supplement contains the tools a Dungeon Master needs to run a D&D campaign in the Night Reign setting. This book includes six new classes, thirty three new paragon paths, five new epic destinies, and over a hundred new feats; everything you need to experience the world of Falamar. The Night Reign Campaign Setting is intended to be used with the following products: D&D 4E Player's Handbook, D&D 4E Dungeon Master's Guide and the D&D 4E Monster Manual.

This bundle includes the full color version of the Night Reign Campaign Setting, a printer friendly version of the Night Reign Campaign Setting, and a full color map of central Falamar.

This book is the work of just two guys, and weighs in at over 230 pages of goodness. There's an awesome new world to explore which is an heir-apparent to the likes of Ravenloft, 5 new classes (the 6th class the blurb mentions is really just a new pact for Warlocks), a new race, and all kinds of goodies ripe for use or export into your own games. Now, I haven't gotten a chance to read in super detail yet, but I can tell you that so far this product is extremely well made, has sweet artwork, the classes are interesting, and the book is of the highest quality. I'd go so far as to say that the normal PDF version looks better than the official stuff, and the printable version is as slick and clean as the official stuff. Not bad for two guys in their off time.

The book is only 15$ and I recommend it very highly :)

Full review incoming once I've spent a few days with the book.

kirksmithicus
04-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Sounds great, is it available as a hardback?. I await a more in-depth review.

korhal23
04-05-2010, 06:13 PM
As of yet, there is only the PDF, sadly. But perhaps if they get enough support, hardbacks may be possible one day. Who knows?

Dimthar
04-05-2010, 07:42 PM
When you mention 2 books, does it mean a Campaign Setting Book and a Player's Guide to?

I guess one drawback is that these characters new classes (etc) will not be available in the Character builder.

korhal23
04-05-2010, 09:01 PM
No it's just one book. But there's two versions, one of which is simply cleaner so it's easier to print. The contents are the same.

And nope, not in the character builder unfortunately.