PDA

View Full Version : Robot Chicken Writers Play D&D with Creative Head Chris Perkins

Soft Serve
03-24-2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/videos.aspx

It's pretty hilarious but they use some adult language. 22 episodes and so far each is about 9 minutes long. Good time waster for you guys.

Sascha
03-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah, the DM commentary versions are neat, too. Seeing the system in action and hearing Chris comment on the rules and rulings is pretty awesome.

(Here's hoping the next Penny Arcade/PVP/Wil Wheaton set has video~! ... Also, that there will be another one :P)

Soft Serve
03-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah, the DM commentary versions are neat, too. Seeing the system in action and hearing Chris comment on the rules and rulings is pretty awesome.

(Here's hoping the next Penny Arcade/PVP/Wil Wheaton set has video~! ... Also, that there will be another one :P)

Awesome and agreed.

MortonStromgal
04-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I think the commentary made it worse. As the "roleplaying" and "say yes GM" examples are horrible. I'm not saying he didn't do those things at all but the parts he chose to comment are were not good examples. There were better places to comment on both.

[edit] 7 outta 10 for the D&D sessions. 4 outta 10 for the cometary. I think I expected too much out of the cometary though.

stygianangel
04-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Haven't seen the entire thing yet, nor have I watched the "commentary" parts yet, but I've found it entertaining so far. What I got from it was the idea that it's not really the edition of the game that counts (my feelings on that are still mixed, but that's another thread/discussion entirely that I won't get into here); what matters is the interaction between the DM/GM and their players, and whether or not everyone is involved and enjoying the game. I'm not trying to make a serious discussion out of this or anything; It's just something I noticed/realized while watching it.

Also, I have to agree with Sascha...it would be entertaining to see the video of the session Wizards ran with the Penny Arcade/PvP creators and Wil Wheaton, if it exists...or even another game session with other celebrities in the industry and/or gamer culture. :)

Soft Serve
04-20-2010, 01:38 PM
LARPing with the guys from Jackass....