PDA

View Full Version : Boo-urns?

Crom on his Mountain
03-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Am I missing something or does the Campaign Invitations page no longer allow you to search for games by location? This was a major reason I came here and without that feature it's just another game forum.

Farcaster
03-21-2010, 03:12 PM
No, you are right that it is missing. However, the plan is to put those results into the Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php), which I hope to put in today. That being the case, I wonder if we really need a search in two places.

Crom on his Mountain
03-21-2010, 05:18 PM
I've always found the Game Invitations forum to be far more useful than the Player Registry. Using the player registry you have to sift through profiles that haven't been updated in years and blanket everyone; hoping for a reply. The Game Invitations forum is a place who are currently looking for a game to find people in their own area. All sites have a similar forum, but P&PG is the only site I've found that actually had the common sense to allow members to weed out threads that are too far away or use the wrong system.

Farcaster
03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Well, I suppose that there is no reason we can't still do both.

Farcaster
03-21-2010, 10:21 PM
I've put a stop gap in place that will at least allow you to filter and sort by distance.

Crom on his Mountain
03-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Awesome, you are an aristocrat and a sage; or something like that.