PDA

View Full Version : Travellercon - October 15-17, 2010

Razmus
03-19-2010, 06:10 AM
Because I know I probably would never have heard of it if I didn't go out searching for it -- Travellercon 2010 (http://www.travellercon-usa.com) has been posted. (South east of center - Pennsylvania.) I've never been, 'cause last year was canceled 'cause the Hotel ceased to be able to accept patrons. But it's back on the calendar this year.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-19-2010, 06:54 AM
I have and have always wanted to go. There is a smaller version of TravellerCon (I'll have to look up the real name) that goes on about the same time every year somewhat near the Bay Area. In fact, i will be there this year. I'll list the link when i find it. Very cool another Traveller fan is initiating threads. Thanks Razmus.

Tell you what, you go and take pics and tell us about your T-Con experiences (for i'd love to hear your experiences with said Con), and i will do same with Ca's T-Con.

Razmus
03-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Tell you what, you go and take pics and tell us about your T-Con experiences (for i'd love to hear your experiences with said Con), and i will do same with Ca's T-Con.
:) Deal! :) (Now we just need MORE T-Cons around...)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Agreed! http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Snuffy
04-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Anybody making plans to attend this?

Razmus
04-29-2010, 07:04 AM
Obviously I am. :o
Hotel information was posted yesterday.
Player registration starts... hmmm tomorrow.

Jame Rowe
04-30-2010, 11:31 AM
:) Deal! :) (Now we just need MORE T-Cons around...)

Such as one up here in Massachusetts.

dmccoy1693
06-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Anybody making plans to attend this?

Me. Jon Brazer Enterprises (my company) will be one of the vendors there. We even have a book coming out around that time that is able to be used with all versions of Traveller.

Such as one up here in Massachusetts.

Really?!? Do you have any info on it? Dates? Name? Website?!!!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-30-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm still planning on attending the one in central/northern California. I'll list pics after the event exclusively on pnpg.

Razmus
10-24-2010, 05:28 PM
The TravellerCon was a week or so ago, and I have to say, it was a great deal of fun. I managed to get myself into two GURPS Traveller games, and was only arrested by the Imperial Navy and sent to prison for life once. (And given that I had an addiction to anagathics, I doubt that "life sentence" will be all that long.)

I was also introduced to several games about which I knew very, very little. In one Traveller-inspired Stargrunt II game, I had the opportunity to control a crew of pirate raiders (no one would accept that they were simply under-employed mercenaries looking for their share of the government sponsored cheese) who shot one Malcolm Reynolds... but alas that worthy survived the experience unscathed. (I want FGMPs next time!) A game of Power Projection: Fleet taught me that I'm far too cautious with my ships and Terran scum flee too quickly. ( ;-) ) For Squadron Strike I've decided that I definitely need to bring my laptop to the game room more often, either to aid my calculations in the game or to provide addition computational support to the turret's targeting computer! Rolling 12+ on 1d10 is rough.

This is not your great big, impersonal convention. This was an intimate affair with a few dozen gamers, most of whom seem to know each other by first name, and are extremely welcoming to the odd new face. (And possessing a very odd face, I can vouch that this is true.) There were a few vendors, and they were very friendly and helpful. I can honestly say that I was never lacking for a game in which to participate.

I've already put tentative notes on the calendar and eagerly look forward to next year.

swerle
10-18-2011, 01:46 AM
I just look the topic!