PDA

View Full Version : Eyebite

series0
03-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Due to the wording of eyebite my folks get into arguments all the time.

If you reappear on the start of your turn after casting eyebite and let's say your a rogue. Do you have surprise or combat advantage for your new action?

yukonhorror
03-16-2010, 09:55 AM
you only have combat advantage while invisible. Once you stop being invisible, everything is normal. It is not like you stepped out of combat and back in. So there wouldn't be any sort of "surprise".

Now, the wording is that you are invisible until the END of your NEXT turn. So you cast eyebite in rd one, and during the rest of rd one and until your turn ends at round 2, you are invisible to that one bad guy (but only that bad guy).

As for rogue, I am assuming he has eyebite through hybrid classing or being a half-elf? If not, then the rogue wouldn't get the CA. Only the caster gets to be invisible to the target.

I could be wrong in my interpretation, but those are my thoughts.

Sascha
03-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Now, the wording is that you are invisible until the END of your NEXT turn.
It's the start of the next turn, not end.

So, no, you wouldn't have combat advantage for the next action (by virtue of Eyebite alone, that is).

yukonhorror
03-16-2010, 12:35 PM
yes, I read it wrong. Oops. So you wouldn't even have CA the next turn. The only way to get CA through this power, is by spending an AP after using it.

Sascha
03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Or by being granted one, like an Opportunity Attack or warlord power.

yukonhorror
03-16-2010, 01:33 PM
yes

Clerical_Errer
06-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Just a quick note here, Eyebite is like one of the most amazing at-wills ever imo, that in conjunction with shadowy step. Just sayin Wlk 1st lvl is pretty hard to die.