PDA

View Full Version : Smugglers & Contraband

Skemma Kagon
03-15-2010, 03:07 PM
hi! I'm here posting to fish for some new players.

We are playing a smuggler's campaign set in star wars. we play using the WEG d6 rules from the 90's.

This game has ZERO mention of Lucas' Episode 1-3. gosh they are truly awful. We placed the game timeframe between ANH & ESB. But that really is irrelevant. :laugh:

Looking for players that can play interesting characters that are memorable.

michael.swny
03-16-2010, 04:48 AM
God it has been a long ass time since i cracked open that rulebook, but i'd love a bit more information on your campaign, as well as a little time to remember where i put my star wars stuff

Skemma Kagon
03-16-2010, 09:50 AM
hey michael,

This game so far is revolving around ideas adapted from the Godfather movies by Kubrick. So there is alot of deal making, smugglers, space pirates to talk to. You could call it The Fringe. I create interesting situations for the players, but in fact it's up to the players to help self-narrate what their characters are doing.

We are slowly growing a group or easy going pro-active players. It would be great to add another character to the group that shys away from the lone wolf type.

There is alot of role-playing and moving about the local systems. It's more space adventuring than shooting stormtroopers. Their is one young jedi I'd like to tempt into the dark side though...

So far we have been playing on Saturday afternoons for a few hours.

michael.swny
03-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Sounds pretty interesting, e-mail me a bit more information at michael.swny@yahoo.com, I should have the free time coming up to dig out my books and refresh my rules memory, this saturday there is no way i can make it, but next saturday seems open at the moment.

Also Coppola did the godfather movies, lol

Skemma Kagon
03-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Coppola? Really?

What else can I tell you? We play alot of games at 53rd/Lex Citigroup Plaza. It's a big public area with many tables. Though I'd like to start playing at home, in Hell's Kitchen.

I might say something about what the group composition is. I think an upbeat hero is what we need. Possibly with some wit, charm and humor. The key is to create a character with all the other players at the table and figure out how she is connected to the others right there. Creative Storytelling within the boundries. Engagement.

michael.swny
03-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Sounds great, just let me know what time you guys meet and a set place and i'll try to make it this saturday (thats a big if as this weekend is a huge birthday celebration for a close friend) but unless something comes up i'll be able to make it next saturday

Skemma Kagon
03-19-2010, 10:49 AM
hey Michael,

We are playing Saturday @ 2pm @ the Citigroup Center. It's on 53rd & Lexington. If you have never been there it's a big open atrium with many tables.

Best bet to take the E train or V to it I think the 6 is there too. The stop is 53rd/Lexington.

my number is 917-538-8671

no problem if you can't make it. don't worry about a charcter mechanics, just think about the concept and maybe a few openings on how he/she is connected to the others...

best,
mark

michael.swny
03-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Will this be the same place you are going to play on the 27th? Either way let me know, and also tell me what if anything i'll need to bring

Skemma Kagon
03-24-2010, 10:30 AM
yep that's right same place this weekend.

last game moved at a great pace and had a great ending. A black network minon placed a bet on the Sarbacc table. "Cruz" put his space freighter title in the kitty, but at the last moment he threw down his loosing hand and bolted for the door. Next game will ultimately start with that chase...

We have all the books scattered about as well as 20 d6 dice & pencils. If you can generate the character stats so we can get right into the story and roleplay. use the generic charcter creation rules in chapter one.

Your character is mingling about the planet Torina, a beautifully modern and clean planet populated with near-human Torinians. Recently news has spread that an assassination succeeded in murdering a number of high-ranking Imperial Navy Officers. The weak-rebel cause has been pinned as the organizers. A swift deployment of an Imperial Cruiser has entered the system and the garrison has proclaimed near-matial law as of yesterday.

It might be a good time to leave Torina anyways. Your character may have a ship- as the group needs one. The ship may be "generated" as a group design in the next session.

-mark

michael.swny
03-26-2010, 01:27 AM
I have good news and bad news,

First I have completed my character, and his name is Joran Dane and he's a former space salvage technician, the bad news is that my sister bought tickets for the circus and told my god daughter i would take her, so i can't make it on saturday