PDA

View Full Version : Rest for the Restless (Dark Heresy)

w0me
03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi. This campaign will run off the core book and the players will need little more than rudimentary knowledge of this book alone (though characters can include templates from the other books as I have them all). The time is GMT +00 from 7 onwards. If you want to alter this, just post and I'll see what we can do.

As a GM, I have a lot of experience in hosting DH and DnD 1ed/4ed. I see the tabletop format as a storytelling experience rather than just a dice game. I admire, enjoy and reward creativity in those who my games and litterally NO character personality is taboo.
My games tend to revolve around mystery and occasionally fear and moral battles. Though battles do not arise every few minutes, they are usually tense or impressive.

The one thing i do expect to see in these games is a commitment to the group enjoyment of the game where no one's role is neglected and no one's involvement in their own way goes unnoticed.

As far as characters go, their backround, class, gender, personality and motivations are all up to you and the only guidlines to follow are these: The character must be first rank(400xp to start) and stats should be rolled online in front of me. Alternatively, you have a base score for each characteristic equal to the base score for the world and you start with 100 points to spend. You may spend no more than 20 points on any stat and stats cannot be lowered without discussed backround explanations.

Post any questions you have here.

wizbit
03-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey w0me,

I'm very interested in this game, I've been looking around for something in a GMT friendly format and DH is one of my favourite systems, although I admit I'm not hugely experienced with it. I do however have the core book and players guide. I should be able to get a character posted soon as I'll go for the 100 point buy, just thought I'd just get my interest registered first though.

Cheers,

wizbit

ffanxii4ever
03-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Hmmm, I've heard many good things about Dark Heresy, and just recently picked up the Core Rulebook, and I would definitely be very interested to try out, Dark Heresy, soooo count me in!

As for character creation, I'd have to get back to you on that, but I'd probably go random creation (I tend to favor random creation).

EDIT: Quick question, if I do roll stats, do I have to roll them in order, or would I be able to arrange them how I would like?

But yeah, after re-reading the book, I think that this could be really fun... (40K is an interesting setting)

w0me
03-20-2010, 08:23 AM
An interest in the setting bodes very well with DH, i can assure you. :)
You're both absolutely welcome to join in. I have a notepad file with a character summary layout that i'm used to on my PC so if i can send it to you and you could fill it out, that'd be cool.

If you would like a solo game to get to grips with the system, that can easily be arranged. :)

w0me
03-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Application is open and will close in two weeks time. We're all ready to go! :)

Tolgarion
09-02-2010, 01:04 PM
I know it is WAY past the sign up date but is there anyroom at all left?

w0me
09-19-2010, 09:42 AM
im afraid not. "giant in the playground games" is a good site to go to. a lotta folks there into DH.