PDA

View Full Version : Paladins: Which Base Race is the Best Choice?

Zugh
03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
The name pretty much explains it. What do you think that the best choice is for a Paladin's race outof the base classes?

nijineko
03-15-2010, 03:24 PM
anything with a charisma bonus... which is pretty much an elf of the subrace drow, aasimar, teifling, and half-celestial or half-fiendish. that's assuming that "base" means the three core books. if you are limited to only the phb, then it really depends on what your "mechanics vs rp" spread of available options are.

wizarddog
03-15-2010, 04:36 PM
You can't go wrong with human. The extra feat will come in handy.

d-_-b
03-15-2010, 05:29 PM
I'd say human -for the extra feat, or aasimar for +2 wis and +2 cha. If you roll good stats and don't really need the ability increases of the aasimar go for the human.

cigamnogard
03-15-2010, 07:52 PM
I'd say human -for the extra feat, or aasimar for +2 wis and +2 cha. If you roll good stats and don't really need the ability increases of the aasimar go for the human.

I had a gnome paladin and he worked out pretty well as his warpony was able to travel underground into the dungeon crawls.
I had an elf I advanced her age and started her off as a bard but multiclassed her as a paladin - she was very effective as a party leader, roleplayer, and back up fighter.
My g/f has built a troll paladin that she is enjoying
Have fun!

d-_-b
03-16-2010, 04:22 AM
I had a player with a gnome paladin on a mount in my campaign. He was a decent character but inflexible as he was only effective when mounted. Great for role playing.

wizarddog
03-16-2010, 12:30 PM
[LIST]
I had an elf I advanced her age and started her off as a bard but multiclassed her as a paladin - she was very effective as a party leader, roleplayer, and back up fighter.

I assume you took the devoted performer feat to allow this to work or did you just stop advancing as a bard?

cigamnogard
03-16-2010, 02:51 PM
I assume you took the devoted performer feat to allow this to work or did you just stop advancing as a bard?
Of course ;)