PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e

IAmNotMe
03-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Due to conflicting schedules we're down to 3 players, and are looking to pick up one or two new players. We're laid back, and can be silly/goofy at times. Our sessions are long, from around 3:30-11, and we take a break for dinner.

If you have any questions and/or are interested in joining, feel free to post or send me a pm.

trueamerican
03-13-2010, 03:34 AM
What kind of a game is it? Is it mostly fighting or roleplaying? Where in Oakland do you game? What days of the week do you play?

IAmNotMe
03-13-2010, 04:09 AM
Just as a note, I'm not the dm, I'm just trying to help him out with recruiting.

If you check out the campaign summary at the top of the page, it tells you more info, but I'll try to expand on the points.

We try to meet every other Friday, although due to real life circumstances it's sometimes bumped to every 3 weeks. It's one of the reasons we're thinking of going up to 5 players, so that missing one player isn't a big deal.

It's about 75% combat / 25% roleplaying. We do enjoy investigating, exploring, and roleplaying, but if you like deep extended dramatic roleplay, it probably won't be a good fit.

It's around the Jack London area of Oakland. Never had a problem parking. And if you need to take bart, it's a few blocks away. I usually drop off two players at the bart station after the session, so you can be lazy and get a ride there too. ;)

There's usually alcohol around if you like to have a few drinks, but no one gets plastered. If someone goes crazy we cut them off, heh.

The world is homebrew, with history, locations, and artifacts we're still learning about. A couple of sample adventures: we've been to a lost dwarven city overrun with undead, coordinated the defense of a town under siege by a goblinoid army, recovered a gem holding the soul of a powerful elemental (which we managed to break and then laundered :redface:), and bumbled our way through a deserted wizards lab and his past experiments.

We're currently 11th level, with a bard (prescient), barbarian and wizard. Could use a defender, but we're open to anything. :)