PDA

View Full Version : fun uses for a bag of holding

Geode
03-07-2010, 02:07 AM
So here's the deal: It's 4th edition. My wizard is in a close-quarter battle with an imp. I can't use my fire spells (which my character focused on). Instead of granting an opportunity attack by casting magic missile, I decided to do something wild! My wizard tackled him and forced the imp into a bag of holding! Now here's the big question: Now what should I do with it?

Malruhn
03-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Now is the time for the DM to do some figuring...

What happens inside HIS bags o'holding? I know what the book says, but those are rules to be rewritten, right?

I've had bags o'holding that kept the same conditions forever - a stasis bag. No breathing, no acting, no aging.

I've had bags that maintained the same conditions forever... stale air, no need to eat or digest, and the thing lived forever... trapped.

I've also had them that allowed the "guest" to hack their way out... to some far-flung region of the ethernet or interweb or something like that.... potentially forever lost.

You have a wonderful dilemma!!

michael
03-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Let the imp go free in a ladies room.

Blydden
03-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Turn him into a familiar! :biggrin:
The DM should award your creativity with the Arcane Familiar feat, and you can use the imp as a book imp! :D

Dixon_West
03-08-2010, 06:49 AM
So here's the deal: It's 4th edition. My wizard is in a close-quarter battle with an imp. I can't use my fire spells (which my character focused on). Instead of granting an opportunity attack by casting magic missile, I decided to do something wild! My wizard tackled him and forced the imp into a bag of holding! Now here's the big question: Now what should I do with it?
Answer: Throw it at the BBEG's face.

What I do with a bag of holding: MULTIPLE THINGS

1. used it to loot a dragons treasure
2. Capture a tiny dragon with it : )
3. store some furniture and let your kobold party member live in it

tesral
03-16-2010, 01:18 PM
I've also had them that allowed the "guest" to hack their way out... to some far-flung region of the ethernet or interweb or something like that.... potentially forever lost.

Well that explains computer malware.

Personally I allow action in the bag. The Imp can attempt to cut his way free. It might not be the wisest course of action ad it is an inter dimensional dump, astral plane usually.

kirksmithicus
03-30-2010, 12:08 AM
1. Fill it full of water and wash away my troubles..... and some monsters.
2. Fill it full of ale and find a 10ft. crazy straw.
3. Put your trash in it and call it your mobile midden.
4. Use it as an Aqualung.
5. A space saver sleeping bag.
6. Use it to hide you arm and weapon as part of disguise (the one-armed man), in order to sneak a weapon past the guards.
7. Fill it full of helium and use it as a weather balloon.
8. Luxurious travel accommodations, hop inside and avoid the bumpy wagon ride.
9. Hide under it as the ceiling collapses.
10. Use it as a parachute as you jump off a building or cliff. It holds a lot more air than it looks like.

BTW, what happens if you turn a bag of holding inside out in a confined space?

tesral
03-30-2010, 02:46 AM
I've seen them used as teleport cheats. Hide the extra mass in the bag, jump away.