PDA

View Full Version : Basic Fantasy - Play by Post

Mhogrymm
03-06-2010, 11:24 PM
I have just started my first online campaign, so far only players are people I have played with around a table. We are using the Basic Fantasy Rules modified to play a little more like Advanced D&D, ie spells to 9th, more combination class options and many of the optional rules. We are using a Ning social networking site. Characters are all pregenerated at this point. Mainly because I wasn't aware of all the tools out there. Would like to see three post a week. Contact me if you are interested.

LucifeR
03-07-2010, 08:32 AM
aure. i wouldn;t mind tryign it out

Groqx
03-09-2010, 06:55 PM
The following website has a great character generator. And you can send a link (2nd one below) to the character. Registering and use of the site is free.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=186952

This website, the one we are using now, has an embedded dice roller for pbp use. Does the Ning social website have that by any chance?

Can you send a link to that pbp game? That way we can lurk for a bit to see if it fits what we may be looking for in a game.

Mhogrymm
03-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Hey Thanks for the info Groqx. Ning doesn't seem to have a dice roller. Lots of other things I like about it though. So I am looking at bouncing back and forth. A bit of a pain in the butt. So I told the players to give me feed back.

Right now you have to have an invitation to view the site. Most of the players are people I have sat around a table with and I thought they may feel more comfortable that way, however if you would like an invitation you can log in and look around just let me know and I will get you one.

Groqx
03-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Actually, when you run your pbp game you can make it easier on everyone by placing a quick-link (cut/paste the URL) of the dice roller in all your posts. If you use photobucket or anything like that for your maps and photos it works the same way...sort of.

LucifeR
03-17-2010, 09:33 AM
made a name and uses Groqx as the guy who told me about it. name on there is Lich Lucifer....
however i could not make a charater