PDA

View Full Version : Axis & Allies Mini game

wbrandel
03-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I play Axis& Allies mini game and I would like to know if any one else plays AAM. I would like to find some good people to do some table top wargaming.

mrken
03-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Bought into the game when version 2 made 15mm the standard. The game is pretty nice in spite of WotC. There is a forum that discusses the rules, minis, maps and more http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/index.php

The tabletop and terrain I use in 28/32mm I also use in 15mm. I even bought some high altitude maps from a forum member in Romania to play on as well as building terrain for hex-less games.

Yeah, it can be fun, and that is more important now that I don't have a RPG going on. :(

mrken
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
A lot of talk on the Forumini about the new set Counter Offensive that is coming out in October. Yesterday a WotC member posted photos of some of the pieces. Nice to see. :)

Kane
07-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Love the game but could never find anyone else that was interested. :(

ThinMan34
07-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Love the game but could never find anyone else that was interested. :(

Same here. I just started playing it but there isn't a whole lot of people where I live who fancy this genre of gaming either.

mrken
07-25-2010, 12:17 PM
If you are lucky to have gaming conventions in your area, try playing AAM there. You may have to vollenteer to run a game or two to find some others, or if you are lucky there will be a game or two already running. You could also play some other games like Flames of War or other minis games where you could meet some other like minded players. Just bring up the topic of WWII and minis games that simulate it to some degree. Emphasis the easy or learning the rules. Good luck.

kirksmithicus
08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
You guys to need to move to Tulsa. I think they have about 30-40 flames of war players.

Cryotech
11-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I love A&A, I have the board game, but I've never played the mini before. Too be honest, I never knew a mini version existed.
This may sound like a stupid question, but what exactly is the difference between the board game and the mini game?

wbrandel
11-17-2010, 03:34 PM
With the mini game you recreate historical battles, or your own scenarios. Basically you just do one battle not the entire war.

mrken
11-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Axis and Allies the board game is kind of the typical board game. A little better than most, but still fairly typical.

The minis game Axis and Allies Miniatures, is still a board game of sorts, just played with miniature pieces. The game has a small paper map like you get in Dungeons and Dragons Miniatures games. You lay the map out on the table, pick the pieces you wish to use and start rolling the dice. The game is to represent a skirmish more than a battle at 100 points worth of minis. Some players use more points, bigger maps or terrain mats. The pieces have attack and defence values as well as range. They also have Special Abilities to make them "Special".

Cryotech
11-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah, this sounds really awesome! I've been a huge fan of A&A for many, many years. I'm definitely going to start getting into this.

mrken
11-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Any chance you followed the link to the Foruminin site? Lots of photos there.

Cryotech
11-21-2010, 06:18 PM
I did and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. thanks for the reference mrken!