PDA

View Full Version : Languages

Dr.Dead
03-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone spoke any Different languages?

Sascha
03-04-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm able to understand mid-90s-era Teenage Girl, but I can't speak it.

(Also, a year of high school Japanese and Spanish, and a semester of Mandarin Chinese; I'm currently back in a Japanese program at school.)

Dr.Dead
03-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew French because I do but hey what can I say their is to many languages LOL.

これは日本語です。大爆笑だ

este es espaņol. LOL

That was from a translator program but I do know french. :-)

cplmac
03-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Very limited French here (1 year in high school). As for Spanish:

Tacos, Burritos, Enchaladas, Doritos, Chimichangas (from the now non existant Chi Chi's restaurants), Hola, Si, and Sombrero.

Now when I was in Saudi Arabia back in 1991, although he spoke no English and I speak no Arabic, a Saudi truck driver and I was able to understand what he was trying to say. Turned out that he wanted to get some water in a teapot in order to make some tea. Of course, it did help when he was holding the empty teapot in one hand and some Lipton tea bags in the other. He even got an extra cup out and gave me some. When I dumped a sugar packet into mine, he looked curious. I handed him one and he dumped it into his and tried it. Gave me a thumbs up. Appearently he had never put sugar in his tea before.

wbrandel
03-05-2010, 11:55 AM
I can speak spanish, french, german, and russian to a certain degree (I understand more than I speak--alot more) but I can read japanese, french, ruassian, german, latin, norwegian, and spanish. I am mostly self taught with the reading.

Malruhn
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
German, Korean, and a smattering of French, Italian, Spanish, Farsi and a little Ukrainian thrown in for good measure.

I no longer count Latin. Damned dead languages!!!

I'm also pretty good at Teenage Girl... as I have two native-speakers at home and I have to adapt or get my wife to interpret.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Does Enochian count? Otherwise, English only... sadly.

Dr.Dead
03-06-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm Trying to learn Spanish it's taken a while though but hey I'm getting their.

Alors, qui aime tous ici Pen and Paper jeux RPG, car je sais que je fais. :-)

traesin
03-06-2010, 10:29 AM
A tiny bit of spanish and i do mean tiny. I can understand and read a lot of old english. otherwise just english.