PDA

View Full Version : bf/gf

Dixon_West
03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
So a lot of role players, have girlfriends/boyfriends, no matter how many people think that we don't. MY question is. Say that person LOVES to be with you, and they LOVE to role play, so you bring them to the sessions with you. They make characters, they semi play, but they are distracting you. They are hogging you. You know that it is anchoring you from the game.

The question is...How do you tell a loved one to back off, because you want to play the game, that is what you are there for, what you pay gas to get too, and that they will have plenty of time to be with you later, when you go to there house after. :(

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Gotta let him/er (whichever applies) know before said game that certain behaviors would be disrespectful/inappropriate to the other players in said game, then promise a reward for good behavior after game.

The Magic King
03-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Be open about it, honesty is the best policy. If the person loves as you have stated then they should quite easily be able to empathize with you. Understanding is the basis of any healthy relationship, and honesty about your feelings helps deepen understanding. As it is said, the truth will set you free.

TheYeti1775
03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Easy answer, marry them. All that stuff goes away. :D

Honestly though, I haven't run into the situation like that.
Closest I've gotten is wife and I and another married couple in the group. All of us had been married a few years and didn't have a need to be all touchy feely with each other.