PDA

View Full Version : CoL Recruiting One Player (4E Online)

SaberSeraphim
02-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Chronicles of Lormere is looking for one fresh face. This is a serious, weekly campaign played online via Maptools. It is a deeply detailed homebrew world where your ability to role-play your character is just as important as your ability to know the rules and how to play your class. The game has been going on for a few months now, and after losing a recent member we need one more to step up and take the spot. There are however several requirements.

1. Have a decent computer and internet connection, we run several applications while playing.
2. You must be able to show up every Monday. We play from about 6:00pm EST until 2:00am EST, sometimes a little later. Consistency is key here, the game doesn't work for people who show up when they feel like it. Of course there will be emergencies which we understand, but if you miss more than one session in a row or several sessions we won't be able to keep you.
3. You must have Maptools, access to the Character Builder, Ventrilo, and working microphone.
4. Decent internet connection. I can't stress this enough. The game is soundtracked with streaming music, so on top of maptools and ventrilo you need to be able to keep up.
5. You need to understand the value of role-playing and staying in character, this story is very deep, where your character and who they are has a lot to do with how things will play out.
6. Conversely we need someone who can also keep up rules wise. There is a group of potent heroes here, and they need someone to help them who knows what they are doing.
7. If you are racist, sexist, or any kind of prejudice, don't bother applying. Our game has both a female player and a gay male player. If either of these things makes you uncomfortable then this isn't the game for you.

Now onto the details of the game. Right now the group is composed of two half-elf siblings, one a wizard the other a warlock. A half-orc barbarian, a human fighter, and a kalashtar cleric (the cleric is an NPC). The players just hit level 12, and this campaign is going all the way to 30. What we need is either a melee based striker, or a cleric, not interested in any other classes. Races available for play are human, elf, half-elf, shifter, or halfling. If you want to play something other than that it might be possible to work something out, it is all a question of fitting your character into a well established world and storyline.

If you are interested in applying either send me a PM, or post here so we can setup a meeting on ventrilo where we can talk. I'd also like to add that we're not just looking for another player, we're looking for another friend. We're a close knit group, and we'd like it to stay that way. Please don't just say something like "I'm interested". Tell me what you'd like to play, and be serious about applying, give me some information about who you are as both a person and a role-player.

SaberSeraphim
02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I've gotten a few interested in parties so far but no one who really fits the bill. So please don't be shy. If possible we're looking to get someone in by this upcoming Monday.