PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any application for rpgs, what would you want?

ckd
02-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Hello,
Currently I am attending university as an ECE major. I do a significant amount of programming/have learned a decent amount about hardware design, however I lack any projects whatsoever to take up my time. So, in an attempt to find something in which I can apply my skills, I propose the following question:

If you could have any software application/hardware implementation for rpgs [ideally pathfinder or 3.5 if it does game-specific things,] what would it be?

I am looking for either player or DM perspectives. If there is a tool that you already use, but have some improvements/modifications you would like to see, let me know. I cannot guarantee that I will necessarily implement any ideas, but if I do I promise I'll do my best to get them to you if I realize any of them [Warning: It might suck]

Thanks,

Spencer/ckd

EDIT: I am fairly certain that this is the forum to post this in, however if I was wrong please inform me

Freejack
02-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Why not figure out what you want as a player or GM and create it?

Edit: Moved sgm off-line while I work on the site.

Currently I'm working on a Shadowrun tool:

http://shadowrun.mooks.us/mooks/show.char.php

I spent a bunch of time on this over the weekend to get the overall site display looking good and organizing the show.char.php script.

From working on sgm, I have a good idea of how I want to organize the schema's in the databases and am starting to convert them from the sgm database into the main one.

It's about time to update my blog though as I'm close to opening up the mooks site to characters :)

Good luck with your search though. I do find that if I have an idea for a tool, I'm more likely to learn the techniques to produce it how I want to see it.

Carl

MortonStromgal
02-26-2010, 09:42 AM
I'll tell you what I use is a combination of Visio, Excel and Word. Visio for relationship maps, Excel for NPC lists, and Word for notes.