PDA

View Full Version : Martial Powers 2

kirksmithicus
02-19-2010, 04:55 PM
So has anyone picked this book up yet? If so, what say you?

I hear that they've changed the Battle Rage Vigor, and temp HP that you get from it. So it'll be interesting to see how my friends and players with this options react and possibly change their characters.

yukonhorror
02-19-2010, 05:23 PM
I remember they put up some errata on that a couple of months ago. Basically, temp hp stacks, but not as much as originally written.

wbrandel
02-22-2010, 01:47 PM
A friend of mine picked it up last night I glanced through it, but I mainly looked at the powers so i don;t know what they did with the battlerage vigor beyond the up dates Wizards put out. I was going to pick up a copy today but the game store won't have it until friday.

yukonhorror
02-22-2010, 03:05 PM
from what I read on WOTC and some bloggers sites:

They have fighting styles (feats to give your @wills a little extra flavor/kick)

They have rituals that martial characters can use

Epic destinies, paragon paths, and feats as in MP

Class specific:

Fighter - they gave him an alternate option (like with battlerage vigor) to specialize in having one-handed weapons and the other hand free for grappling and punching.

Ranger - two new options. One gives more melee prowess to the archer ranger (a lot more like the skirmisher of 3rd edition) and the other encourages your off-hand weapon to be a thrown weapon (so a battle axe and a hand axe or a longsword and a javelin).

Rogue - a super stealthy guy (shadows and such)

Warlord - the option is for allowing for a ranged warlord (with a bow and arrow)

I don't know if I'll pick one up, but that's what I have been told.