PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Five: At Death's Door



Pages : 1 2 [3]

Borodeva
01-11-2011, 07:57 PM
"I agree that 'continue through the chamber' sounds like to keep going. Let's see what happens with Barnabus."

OOC: I also wonder if we've not understood something map-wise in the descriptions.

wizarddog
01-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Barnabas walks forward. He watches as his body turns translucent and then into a cloud of mist. The wind sucks him into mouth of the face and he disappears.

(Note: Even I got confused on the map. I had envisioned it a bit longer and and narrower. Thats what I get for making stuff up ;)

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r333/trialsofthecrimsonguard/maproom-2.jpg

Borodeva
01-13-2011, 12:23 AM
[Follows Barnabus, motioning for Gisele to follow her, with the Cleric last.]

CaptainShar
01-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Gisele follows Madoka out.

wizarddog
01-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Madoka approaches the face... and nothing happens.

"Hmmm..." the Cleric ponders "Curious..."

CaptainShar
01-14-2011, 01:16 PM
"Let's try you next, T."

wizarddog
01-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Tierinak approaches the face... and again...nothing happens.

"Curious..."

Borodeva
01-14-2011, 03:09 PM
"Doh! Barnabus was touched by one of those light ball thingies. Tierinak and I were not. But you were, Gisele. Maybe you should try? If you disappear, I'll go pick up an artifact and see if a light ball comes for me. Beats being stuck here to rot."

Bearfoot_Adam
01-14-2011, 10:47 PM
So I'm all misty

wizarddog
01-15-2011, 01:03 AM
[DM I will get to Barnabas in a moment--he is in no danger]

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

The Cleric raises his eye brows. "Do you think that is wise? These artifacts seem to belong to an evil god. I would not "give" myself so readily to another deity."

CaptainShar
01-15-2011, 03:44 PM
"My turn," Gisele approaches the door. "I'll come back and tunnel you out tomorrow Madoka, if you don't get yourself out by then."

wizarddog
01-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Gisel steps forward and starts to disperse. The cleric grabs her shoulder. "Wait, we should not separate..." and before Madoka's eyes both Gisel and the Cleric disperse into a cloud and disappear through the mouth.

It becomes very quiet in the chamber.

Borodeva
01-18-2011, 01:01 PM
"Bah, not my day..."

[moves to the curved sword and picks it up, carefully and respectfully examining it.]

CaptainShar
01-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Yay mist!

wizarddog
01-19-2011, 09:00 AM
The sword before Madoka is golden and jeweled. The Rune above her sparks with arcane energy. However, unlike the small balls that had erupted from the other two alcoves, a fist size black ball of energy errupts from the rune and enters the center of the chamber. It is hesitant as it floats above the chamber; as if expecting maybe a more worthy recipient.

As if to say "What the Hell" it dives towards Madoka and slams into her. Madoka suddenly feels extremely cold and drained. She falls to her knees, gasping for air. Eventually, the sensation disappears and the chamber is quite once again.

Borodeva
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
"Hahaha, sh*t happens, ball! Life is full of disappointments!"

[drags herself up and slowly walks to the face where the others disappeared, hoping to also become misty.]

wizarddog
01-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Madoka approaches the face and her body begins to transform into a misty gas. The wind sucks her through and she feels the sensation of traveling many miles in gaseous form through a maze of small holes in the earth. At last she appears in a dusty and rumble filled chamber. She finds her companions looking through boarded up slats in front of a window and entrance. The sounds of many voices are heard outside as the sunlight creeps through the slats.

The cleric turns to her. "We are in the City. I the Temple Ward. If I am not mistaken, that is the avenue of the Gods just outside."

Borodeva
01-22-2011, 10:50 PM
"Uh whoa... Do we go back to see the Scrag? Or back to the guild? And what about Tierinak? He doesn't look much like a thief."

[glances around with a puzzled look.]

Bearfoot_Adam
01-22-2011, 11:15 PM
"Uh....does this mean we won?"

wizarddog
01-23-2011, 01:29 AM
[DM Tierinak is a member of the thieves guild]

Borodeva
01-23-2011, 01:49 AM
"Good question, Barney. DID we win??? We're alive and out of there and I didn't die from the curse, and we've got some loot to boot. I'd say we won. Let's head on back to the guild and see what they've got for us to do next."

[looks for low-profile exit to the streets, then leads the group stealthily back to the guild unless anyone objects.]

CaptainShar
01-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Woohoo! Gisele strongly looks forward to letting her donkey pull around the heavy basket. But she lugs it faithfully back to the thieves' guild with its jars and books.

wizarddog
01-25-2011, 12:46 AM
The four thieves emerge from the abandon temple and make their way through the city streets; out of the temple district and into the lower ward. Tierinak speaks: "It will be good to get back to the Guild after all this time. I think you should not worry about this "Skrag" of yours.. after all, its not as if you were foolish enough to take some blood oath or something with it..."

Bearfoot_Adam
01-25-2011, 07:52 AM
"No. Barnabas not foolish enough...."

Borodeva
01-25-2011, 10:33 AM
"Like I said, 'sh*t happens.' Now if someone were so foolish to take a blood oath with the Scrag, then what would you suggest to do, oh great wise one? I seem to remember finding you in a jar. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to cast the first stone."

[shakes head at the cleric, and continues to lead the group to the guild.]

CaptainShar
01-25-2011, 11:47 AM
"We'll talk to the Scrag again first thing tomorrow. What if we ran into pirates on the way back and got his jar stolen? Better to go in with full strength."

Borodeva
01-25-2011, 01:02 PM
"Now THAT is a wise statement."

[continues on to the guild.]

wizarddog
01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Arrival at the Guild is swift. Many welcome back the Cleric and he is ushered into the infirmary to tend to more thieves who have suffered over the days from increased security through out the city.

Calloway approaches you as your wounds and equipment are attended.

"As I have stated before, the Nymph's Kiss was due to port in less than 3 days. I emphasize "was" because now our guild diviners cannot seem to locate the ship. We are sending one of our pinnaces, The Black Ray to the find and intercept the Nymph's Kiss. I want you to be there to meet the Nymph's Kiss. I understand you are in hurry to deal with you "Skrag" problem, but if you wish to take a ship you must leave tonight if you hope of intercepting the Nymph's Kiss. If you chose to wait, I will have one of our acrane members teleport you abroad the The Black Ray as soon as you get back. However, there is always the risk... What do you wish to do?"

Borodeva
01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
"Well, I've survived several curses so far. What's one more? I say we make sure to catch the Nymph's Kiss and kick some pirate booty! The Skrag can wait. Maybe we'll learn some useful info from the pirates, too."

Bearfoot_Adam
01-25-2011, 11:02 PM
"Anything you say sir"

CaptainShar
01-26-2011, 12:01 PM
"Your call, Madoka."

wizarddog
01-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Seeing the opportunity to strike against the pirates, the thieves quickly bind their wounds and make haste to The Black Ray; hoping to intercept the Nymph's Kiss and learn the secrets the pirates may hold.

End of Chapter