View Full Version : Has anyone ever played this game? What are your experiences?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
02-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Has anyone ever played this game? What are your experiences?

Here's a blurb on it: Kill the bugs!

See where your tour of duty in 3:16th Expeditionary Force take you and your friends. Join in Terra's plan to kill every living thing in the Universe to protect the home world. Revel in the kill-happy machismo and enjoy a campaign of Carnage Amongst the Stars!

Elegant simple game system

What share you?

02-12-2010, 11:47 AM
You'll need to post a link as TNT is blocking the image. I've heard of 3:16 in a couple of places but not this. Maybe it's the same game?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Here ya go, Freejack:

06-21-2010, 01:09 AM
I haven't had a chance to actually play it yet, but I do own it. It seems very combat oriented, but could be fun for what it is. My original answer to the poll was wrong because I only think of it as 3:16, so didn't realize that's what you were talking about.

I also picked up "Remember Tomorrow," a Cyberpunk game with a narrative style ruleset by the same author. I haven't fully digested the rules yet, but I find myself increasingly drawn to narrative rulesets (not that my group is willing to play them, unfortunately).

06-21-2010, 04:07 PM
I played a demo at one of the Vegas Game Days. It was fun and quick and laser focused on what it does. I would say it is well designed and we had fun playing it. Not my cup of tea personally, but it was fun to play none-the-less.

If you are looking for an action oriented space marines game where there are solid rules for what a GM can bring to the encounter, I think the game is worth checking out. I think there is a fantasy version out or coming out called carnage amongst the tribes. :-D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-21-2010, 04:51 PM
I'll keep an eye out for it, thanx.

06-23-2010, 02:30 PM
3:16 Carnage amongst the stars looks very interesting. It seems a little bit board gamey, I think thats intentional. I think the very quick character creation is designed to let you burn through them. That will add a cool element , in the respect of playing a marine with a VERY short lifespan. The problem may come in trying to distinguish between the many characters you'll get through.

That's just an opinion on reading it, i've never played it.

06-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Never heard of it, but sounds interesting.

07-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I recommend it, but only with the right group.

09-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Bought it, read it, tried to get friends interested in playing it, gave up and ran a Who game with strangers instead :)

One day I would like to try convincing folk to play it again - it needs to be played face to face.