PDA

View Full Version : GMing Changeling the Lost?

RiverClaire
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I start GMing a game of CtL in a few months time, the people I will be GMing for are all far more experience at WoD than me but have nver played Changeling. I plan to run 14 sessions taking us all the way through the summer holidays (yay for uni students haveing half a year of holiday). from my experience the players like fights, and things are far more likely to be solved with a few pokes with a sharp knife than with a smile and few calm words...

I'm in the proccess of creating a story line, and although I've got quite a few ideas I don't know how much I can expect the pc's to do in that amount of time. the smallest and biggest ideas I have are:

-unearthing and defeating a trafficking ring (a group of fae using fetches to tempt humans to areas where they can be 'snatched' and replaced with fetches)

-starting up their own court (with them doing a job for the leader of each existing court knowingly or unknowingly leading towards an epic battle where the end success would be leading their won court)

does anyone have any guidance on where between those 2 points a 14 week chronicle could expect to achieve.

My other question is how much more statted out enemies should be than the players? there are *lots* of premade NPC's in the changeling books, but it doesn't really say when you should expect to put them up against your PC's (almost killing them in the first session wouldn't exactly put me in the running for being asked to GM again... though likewise them wasting time wading through enemies that haven't been stated high enough would bore them)

Bearfoot_Adam
02-15-2010, 09:54 PM
2 really good ideas. My initial thoughts and I will think on it some more is instead of using fetches they could be loyalist changeling. This will give you more variety and there is more story line supporting it. IT is always kind of vague the relationship between Fetch and True Fae after their initial creation.

RiverClaire
02-16-2010, 10:15 AM
thanks for the advice :D

Evil Nosferatu
05-25-2010, 11:56 AM
I didn’t read your responses so if this is similar to any of them I can just say: “Great minds think alike!”

The two ideas you have are very nice. The trafficking ring sounds brilliant and I suggest that you keep the parallels that you find in what we, human beings, do in the real world to as much a twisted and dark similarity that the fey can manage as close as possible. Perhaps you might be able to use something that is a real world issue as something a bunch of true fey might latch onto. If you base your game in the sample city of Miami for example… the Cuban immigrant issue might be an interesting topic. After all, dragging people down the rabbit hole who’re already in a state of purgatory during their boat ride would be easy for the true fey and their lackeys right?

As far as connecting the ring to court systems that they’re going to take on, perhaps the court system has made a deal with some of the true fey to be left alone to rot in the real world so long as they do not try and stop the continuing issues? Minus some idealists who aren’t aware of the problem you could have some members of the court going missing as they’re not actually protected by their officials due to their meddling in the wrong affairs. It could be a great introduction to the overall plot idea you have to go looking for someone’s best friend, one of the PC’s best friends/lovers/etc. who could also be a changeling.

As another note, considering that the immigration issue is assigned to police officials you might tie the lost court system into such agencies and perhaps that is why they are more of a challenge, not really due to their soldiers made of Changelings but because they have strong ties to the mortal world and getting your PC’s at risk of prosecution and so forth?

Just some thoughts, probably not very clever… but I hope you have fun with it.

NinjaBear
07-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I'd be interseted to hear how your game ends up playing out. You didn't seem to get many responses but now that it's into July I'd Assume you are well into your gaming summer holiday. I'm well familiar with WoD new and old, but I've only just recently picked up the CTL book and curious how a game would play out.

Prince of Cincinnati
03-13-2012, 07:18 PM
an update would be nice.