PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e Home Brew

Tim Proctor
02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
This is a Home Brew Campaign that will be utilizing the Forums PbP area, but the information will be kept on a Separate Wiki.

The storyline is rather complex but the short of it is that
the Group is part of a Military that is about to be disbanded as a coallitoin of
Kingdoms has destroyed the Gnoll empire in the south.

Two diplomats are heading the negotations, and the
corporations that got rich from the war are not attempting to assassinate the
diplomats. The group happens to be part of the 250 person bodyguard of the
Diplomats.

Please visit the Wiki (http://tricitiesdnd.wikispaces.com/) and see if this is the type of Campaign that you're looking for.

Soft Roleplay will be done each day in the Forum and Combat will be done on MapTool. This is a check it with your coffee in the morning and when you get home each day, and spend 2-3 hours in combat once a week.

Frobozz
02-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Sounds intriguing! I'd be up for it. What's the procedure?

Tim Proctor
02-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Well simply I'd ask that you read the wiki, especially the Game Mechanics and if you are good with the style and the mechanics of the game then send me a Message via the Wiki so that I can add you to the Wiki Membership (so you can edit pages).

I'm going to ask that you answer the following questions, What is your Gaming Experience, What is your Gaming Style, and Who are you Outside of Gaming. The Outside of Gaming is really just so that we know everyone on more than a internet style basis (not going to judge you on anything).

From there we go through the Character Concept, make sure that the concept fits what we're going for, and then create the Character. Once I get 4 characters then I'm going to start the Campaign, even though we can fit 5.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Frobozz, nice of you to join the Game. Hopefully we can get a few other players here shortly and get it started.

I think that you'll like the way it is designed, it is going to mix just about every aspect of 3.5 into a big campaign. Everything from Dungeon Crawls, Massive Minatures War Battles, Murder Mysteries, etc.

Frobozz
02-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Sounds great, I'll message you a character idea or two via the wiki.

Tim Proctor
02-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I like your character being the Leader/Tank of the group. Now all we need are 3 more people who want to play.

Alpha_R0x0r
02-11-2010, 11:03 PM
In your story-arc that you would like to do and Frobozz being a tank/Leader would it be possible to do a rogue? Or maybe a Paladin? Just putting out my top two choices just incase one doesn't work for you.

Tim Proctor
02-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Absolutely, however I should note that the Rogue type person in this group is going to be more of a Rogue within a Military Setting.

They would be a Scout Sniper or Commando typer person so either a Rogue/Ranger/Scout/Ninja class would fit that designation.

Also they would have lots of skills in Trapsmithing and Engineering as the Knolls during the war had thousand of traps in the swamps, the this person would be responsible for disabling and engineering them.

The Aristocrat Thief type Rogue wouldn't work so well.

I should also state that the other billets or type of characters that will work great with this campaign are:

A Combat Medic/Chaplin, really a Cleric is the perfect fit for this.
If you're not familar with military a Chaplin is a preist or minister who is with the troops in battle. A Monk, Pally, and a number of other classes can do this.

A Spell Caster/Historian, this is pretty straight forward however the type of spells will really be ones that can effect a battle with lots of low level characters. So anything Mass, Light, etc. Chain Lighting, Fireball, Ice Storm also are great. It's not really a Powerword Doom situation.

A Charisma Whore/Merchant, this person would negotiate deals with nearby towns for food and goods for the army. The would also negotiate public relations for citizens of newly conquered towns, etc. A bard works great as well as a number of classes from the Complete Adventurer and Scoundrel.

Alpha_R0x0r
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
So a sneaky ranger or a Combat Medic Paladin possibly? I know from my brief experience as a DM that Paladins can cause some troubles due to their LG allignment. So if either of those work for you I can start building a character.

Tim Proctor
02-12-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm good with the Pally, go to the Wiki and send me a message so I can add you to it.

Alpha_R0x0r
02-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Cool a pally sounds fun. I also sent a request on the wiki.
I'm sorry but I'm looking around dndsheets.net and I can't figure out where the sheets are to fiddle around with. I joined the site and have a login and pw. But I can't seem to find them. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and also after you guys help me I'm sure I'll feel stupid after.

Tim Proctor
02-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Once you login, it's right in front of you under Chatacter Options, you put the name in, then you have to go back to the main page and then you can edit the sheet by clicking on the name.

Also answer the three questions for the Wiki Player Bios section, I'm going to make the wiki private once we have our group so don't worry about information.
Alright we have a Tank/Leader, a Medic/Chaplin, a Wizard/Historian. All we need now is a Commando/Combat Engineer to start. We can also fit in a Charisma Whore/Merchant.

So if anyone is interested come on an join.

TheSeattleKid
03-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Greetings,

I have just read this thread and would love to participate in your campaign. My roommate and I are looking for a 3.5 group and you seem to be an experienced DM. We are both experienced and well versed players but we have never attempted online play before. We would very much enjoy filling up the last two slots within your group.

Hope to hear a reply soon,
-Seattle