PDA

View Full Version : Iron Kingdoms?

Lucifer_Draconus
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Any fans of Iron Kingdoms ? I love the setting but was put off buy the fact I'd have to pay over $100 to get the core books to play. but now that they are available as PDFs I might get into it. That said , if you have run or played IK , how did you enjoy it? Also, did you use the default 3.5 rules or convert to another system ? If you converted which system did you use ?

MortonStromgal
02-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Like the setting not fond of 3.5
Today if I were to run it i would either use Witchhunter or Desolation. More likely Desolation as I really like that game and adding the magitech while annoying shouldn't be too tough as 3.5 to Desolation quick and dirty conversions seam to be divide the stat/skill by 3 and add the appropriate feats. :cool:

Regicide
02-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Played it, didn't appreciate it too much. I like sword and sorcery and I like steampunk, but I don't necessarily enjoy worlds that mix them willy-nilly. And giving humans metahumanesque stat adjustments and skill bonuses on top of their already formidable extra feat, extra skill point and lack of favored class (Yes, my DM was actually enforcing multiclassing penalties) is cheesy. I understand that they want to discourage players from using non-human races, but there have to be better ways to doing that. Like maybe not including them in a setting in which they seem pretty damned out of place anyway.

I'd be willing to give it another chance, but so far I am not impressed.

Lucifer_Draconus
02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Like the setting not fond of 3.5
Today if I were to run it i would either use Witchhunter or Desolation. More likely Desolation as I really like that game and adding the magitech while annoying shouldn't be too tough as 3.5 to Desolation quick and dirty conversions seam to be divide the stat/skill by 3 and add the appropriate feats. :cool:

What are the Witchhunter & Desolation games ? Never heard of them.

MortonStromgal
02-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Desolation
http://www.desolationrpg.com/
and
Witchhunter
http://www.paradigmconcepts.com/witch_hunter/

cigamnogard
02-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Iron Kingdoms?