PDA

View Full Version : Toledo, Need DM and 2 players for 3.5 game

Ataro
02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm sick of looking everyone where. I'm want to play a good D&D 3.5 game, the problem is everything is always a home-brewed game with VERY obscure rules. Myself and two of my friends would like to play, but I would prefer a group of 5 in case someone must stop playing.

Intentions:
1) To start by our around the end of February, or early March at the latest.
2) Preferably during the weekdays, during the day (12-4 or 5ish) but time could change.
3) I'm looking to use only Wizards made D&D books, and maybe some of the Legends and Lairs books (Although the Legend and Lairs books aren't necessary)
4) I would like a gm who's willing to hear ideas and work with them, rather than an immediate no just because they haven't heard of something.

I know all this sounds like a lot to ask, but it really isn't. I know there has to be someone who can finally help my friends and I start a good game.

Bearfoot_Adam
02-04-2010, 10:12 PM
As a former Toledoan I know how tough it can be to get into a good game there, so I wish you all the luck.

Ataro
02-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks, and I hope I can find a good group to rp with finally.

osumicrobio
02-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey Ataro-

2 of buddies and I were running into the same issue. We would love to get a solid campaign up and running again but haven't been able to find anyone in the area that we would enjoy gaming with.

As far as experience, 1 guy and I have been playing since highschool (1999ish is when we started I believe) and the other has about a year under his belt. We are hoping to get a 3.5ed or Pathfinder (ruleset, not necessarily universe) campaign up and running (the pathfinder rules are pretty solid, so I think we are leaning towards that). 2 of us have DMing experience, but are all more than willing to be PCs too.

We would be able to play weeknights or weekends and would like to play at least weekly.

We play by the rules (or the spirit of the rules if something is unclear) and definitely try to keep homebrew to a minimum (just leads to too many arguments).

As far as what we are looking for in others. We are a very social group, we have fun, shoot the breeze, and hang out outside of RPGing and definitely would prefer no trolls or basement dwellers. We don't like to waste excessive time on rule arguing, if the DM makes a call, it is their decision. Civil and social is our biggest concern :)

Other than we would just like to get a reliable fun group up and running again.

Hope to hear from you soon and I'll email/pm you too.

Thanks!

R3zippo
02-20-2010, 08:55 PM
I agree, I am tired of not being able to find a good group. (Besides MarvelMaster, you rock.)

fronan
02-26-2010, 06:21 PM
toledo here too i too am looking for agroup to game with im unable to play weekends though dnd preferred but not absolute not looking to dm just play im currently not in any group so please message back if interested

jasonj
05-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Tom , sounds like we are all in need of a good game to get going . I now have the basement set up as a roleplaying haven !! Lets get our game back together , let me know !