PDA

View Full Version : Cybernetic Enhanced Telekensis

Farcaster
02-04-2010, 04:26 PM
What do you think the future holds for this technology?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2010/02/04/sr.baldwin.mind.control.cnn

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
02-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Been aware of them for a while now. I really want one. These things will sell like hotcakes when the make one that works with your pc.

I think this technology will go a long way. After all, we've been using something similar for years that deal with theta waves. The difference now is that this goes way beyond just learning how to control certain waves in our brain. I can't wait to see what is out in the next 5 years.

BayGuardian
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
It's an interesting idea. Definately seeing potential for games, especially considering that psi powers in the Mass Effect game series use cybernetic implants to work. Interesting addition to any Cyberpunk/Dark Future game.

On a side note, I recently got my hands on a full set of Mythus books. Gary Gygax being Gary Gygax, he put in a rather long winded rant how the term 'psionics' is misused in that the term was originally supposed to mean 'technologically enhanced psychic ability'. And I suppose it's true in that a lot of the old sci-fi stories that features psi abilities used a technological or pharmicalogical enhancement to bring them about. I.E. in Dune, psychic ability is very low powered in humanity and it's only through exposure to Spice that the potential is reached.

Snuffy
02-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Interesting to say the least. I don't have sound on my computer here so is this headband is passive for sensing? If not, I can see some lawsuits for these folks in the future from all the hoopla over cell phones emissions or it malfunctioned and caused them to have abnormal brainwaves. :lol: