PDA

View Full Version : Beaverton Heavy RP D&D 4e Group LFP

PerennialRook
02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm putting together a new group after a short hiatus from DMing. The particulars are not quite yet set in stone, but it will most likely be Saturdays, either weekly or bi-weekly, from early afternoon (~3pm) until late in the evening (or early morning). this of course is dependent on availability and desires of the players that come together. The game will be held in my apartment, just off the I-217 Allen Blvd. exit.

I'm planning on a group of 4-5 players, though I already have one player, and possibly two others. I'm looking for one or two players who are mature role-player types. Don't expect a hack and slash game of dungeon crawl after dungeon crawl without plot or reason between them. My games have always been very character driven, and I a lot a good deal of freedom to player's characters to effect the world in whatever way they see fit (for good or ill). Expect gray morality, consequences for your character's actions, and the occasional party member death.

I run in my own home-brew world which has seen many ages, and changes, a creation mythology, Gods, patrons, progenitors, and origins. In its current age the world is very nearly cast in darkness, with points of light being few, and far between. Player's characters will have a role in deciding how it all ends, even if only through inaction.

For this campaign I will be starting at level 1 with characters from an agrarian town. Races are limited to humans, dwarves, half-elves, and halflings; and mainly classes from the martial power source (though races and classes outside these bounds may be approved on an individual basis).

Feel free to post or email any questions you may have.

~Preston

Baekdoll the Mad
02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm interested. What time and where for the greet? I am sure i mentioned it on my profile but i am new to the 4E system, though role playing in general is old hat. This would be my first 4E game so I am not looking to have a particularly hard to play character. I was thinking an archer style ranger or a barbarian. (i know they are primal but they are kinda martial as well). I will say that i am a fan of the harsh, stark, and dark settings. hope to hear from you.

Ame_no_kagase_wo
02-05-2010, 08:09 PM
I am interested as well. When and where would you like to meet? I have a lot of experience, but none with AD&D 4th ed. You can check my profile if you want. I look forward to meeting you.